Looking for advice and resources on creating non-stationary reference frames

I want to make a game where players fly rockets and work on/explore/siege space stations with simulated orbital mechanics. This is a project I’ve been working on off and on for a while now, and I’ve mostly been stuck on getting the physics engine happy with all the moving parts.

I’m trying to create a system that smooths out physics and player movement on moving platforms, which could be anything such as a planet, a car, a plane, or a space craft.

So far, I’ve been trying to reverse engineer EgoMoose’s wall stick module to work server-side, which create a stationary invisible copy of the player and nearby objects that does the physics simulation and updates the positions of the actual objects accordingly. However I have been having a lot of trouble getting the player controller working, and I don’t know if I will be able to scale this up to the amount of concurrent physics simulations I need, as it relies on collision groups to function.

Here’s what I’ve got so far, the player can move around and collide with other parts, but the camera controller doesn’t function well.
robloxapp-20211107-1630474.wmv (7.8 MB)

I’m not really sure how to continue. if anyone has any advice on how to implement this, or knows of another game that has a similar system that I can analyze, please let me know, it would be a huge help.