Looking for Builders and Programmers (Work Cost is Free)

I think if you want more positive responses to this, you should probably change the wording - not to make it sound better than it is, but to make it clearer to people what you want to achieve with this.

You said in your original post you will give the developers revenue from the game itself - that should probably be the advertised payment option. Advertising it as ‘free’ implies that people aren’t getting paid at all.
It would be good if you made your post a bit more structured and clearly defined what each role will be doing - that will make it easier for people to find out if this job is something they might want to do.

I assume you want to make a good game. You might not really be thinking about payment, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing - if you’re just looking for partners to work with on a cool game, that’s absolutely fine; however it would be a good idea if you advertised it as such.

Good luck on your game :slight_smile:

EDIT: To reply to @rachjumper, that’s not necessarily true. If you find people with the same ambition as you who want to create something brilliant and are dedicated, you can make money without starting with any.

8 Likes

why do you think anyone would want to work for you if they arent even sure there will be money made

do you plan on doing any work for this project?

if you aren’t doing anything for the project, then you probably shouldn’t expect any pay, if the game actually makes anything. an idea is worth nothing, until there is actually action on the idea

also saying “cost is free” doesn’t make much sense

good luck finding someone!

1 Like

When you ask people to work for free. The only workers you get are people who can’t go beyond AlvinBlox tutorials and other youtube scripting and building tutorials.

13 Likes

Does this mean developers will get some percentage.
Or you take everything? If this option - then I don’t know how many developers will you get. Making whole game and not getting paid, while you get everything and you do some small things?
Think about it.

I mean, unless you can build it from the ground up :man_shrugging:t2:

I mean programmers do not usually animate. Animator is a seperate position. At least you could offer a percentage or pay in usd. For example I’m paying my programmer a minimum of £600.

1 Like

The main issue with this is most people use developing on Roblox to make profit/money. Some of my friends live off Roblox profit, most devs need money but this opportunity is great for anyone who wants to do work for no profit or get recognised if the game does well. Good luck anyway!

To further this, being able to pay people isn’t just about the fact that they’re getting paid - it shows them that you know what you’re doing since you’re earning from a previous successful project.

Don’t try and make other people make your game if you’ve never made one yourself. Learn how to develop from scratch like everyone who is at all successful on this platform, and then you can think about working on games with others.

11 Likes

I doubt that anyone will work for free, no disrespect.

I made a module on this.

1 Like

Sorry to let you down, he only wants builders and programmers.

1 Like

I am quite interested. My accounts age is 14. 2TLJ | [Freelance(At the moment)] 100% OFF Professional Multi-developer[OPEN]

Few developers have money as their sole motivator, I think you should see this more as a unique opportunity to learn to work in a team and make a zombie game, which if succesful can actually raise you some nice pocket change. The no initial pay on joining seems to me as if there would be little stress and plenty of room to get acquainted with your new work environment.

Sadly I’ll have to turn down this offer though, already working on too many projects at once.

1 Like

Nobody’ll go without pay; Not a wise decision. Maybe say you’re going to pay devs when you make your next post.

1 Like

Don’t listen to them-- well do.

MOST people will not work for free, but developers who need experience // want experience would happily take up something like this, Especially if they are smaller. You should probably have at least 10k for each person, if you have the money to expand up to pay out. I recommend going around f3x groups and talking to some beginners to see what they know and get them on-board as a passion project.

Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

I’ll do it. I’ll consider working for free. I don’t have anything to do anymore.

My code is messy, come see me if there’s nobody else to find.
Don’t try to get me making GUIs please…

3 Likes

I mean that’s a bit sarcastic but ok.

Uncalled for and rude. He’s a developer starting out. Cut the man some slack.

5 Likes

what sanjay said, also it’s important to note that the devforums isn’t just developers anymore

Can you please stop. Your eventually going to get banned if you keep-up this behaviour…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.