Looking for feedback and suggestions on horror game lobby

I’ve got 2 ideas for this lobby, but I feel like something is missing from both. Although I’m not sure what else to add

#1’s better imo, but #2 makes more sense logically because a cutscene plays where the car drives down the road and pulls into the last stop once the player loads into the game

• What I’d like to achieve: I’d like to know which one is a better concept as well as what to add.

• My issue: The lobby feels too plain/boring.

2 Likes

1st One. If you have a cutscene then modify it to fit the 1st Scene.

1st one first of needs more visibility.Add some brightness (not much).
Add more stuff. Trees, a banner and maybe a Restaurant Feature ?(like McDonalds had back before. The 'm’s.). And add Particles. Add them in the neon lights so that it sparkles. And if you have some sort of ghosts make them appear randomly. I camt think of much but so much can be added.

2 Likes

#1 is looking the best to me. It has the potential to be an iconic, recognisable, lobby for your game with the standing out text and building - good job there.

However, as @IamNewToRiblix mentioned, I too would increase brightness (unless the players are given flashlights in the lobby).

The lobby feels too plain/boring.

• If your game has gamepasses or Dev Products: add a shop corner that brings attention to it.

• Add some extra decor and interactable objects - like the vending machine you added: give it a sound effect! Even just trees, posters, some litter decals here and there, a trash can and a bench, have a car drive past on an interval, etc.

• If that’s too generic, think about the theme of your game: for example add hidden story elements on a newspaper attached to a window? Or have one of the characters leaning against the wall, or add a timed event like your characters walk by or a ghost appears in the building window every now and then.

#2 makes more sense logically because a cutscene plays where the car drives down the road and pulls into the last stop once the player loads into the game

Do you mean #1 here? The Last Stop is the building in the first lobby, right? If not, I’d just change the cutscene to fit with #1, it’s much better because:

#2 is too empty. It’s not recognisable and there’s nothing for the player to look at or investigate, as one tends to do in a horror game.

Best of luck to you and your game! :+1: :smile:

1 Like