Looking for feedback on my first solo project

Hi everyone. Today, I finished the early-alpha version of a small FPS game I’ve been making for over 2 weeks now. You may have seen my posts on the Devforum about it before. I’m looking for some criticism on how it is so far.

This game was the first project I’ve made alone, and I’ve made it to help me learn. All weapon models (aside from one) were made by me, and most scripts are either heavily modified existing ones, or made from scratch.

I’m looking for some feedback on it’s early alpha stages of the game, it’s an FPS game with fast-paced combat, based around the different weapons you can get. I tried my best to make all of them unique, with design and function. The current map is the only one, I wanted it to be simple and I made it to give you a simple idea of what the game is going to be like. There are ropes that let you get around easier. It’s also full of inside jokes.

You should give me feedback on the weapon models, animations, and tell me about any bugs you found. Controls and more details are in the description. If you want to test the weapons alone, click “Weapon test” in the menu, if you want to test them with other players, then click “Combat” in the menu.
Also, I might be in the game. You can ask me questions there if you have any.

Thanks for reading, check out the game here:

3 Likes

The guns feel really nice, and my fav on is the firework launcher

The game is going really great; keep up the good work

1 Like

That’s what I wanted, I did edit some of the sounds myself. I wanted them to feel satisfying. The most original sound is the soda shotgun’s, which was made from scratch. The rest are from other games. Glad too see I’m doing something right.

1 Like

I’d suggest making the arms less… imposing, I like being able to see more than half of the screen without the arms or gun models blocking the way

1 Like

When I was animating the firework launcher, I actually considered that. I’ll definitely lower them a bit, players have been saying I should for a bit now.

Could you mind telling me how you made the first person hands and the animating and stuff?

1 Like

The game is pretty good! But, I found a game-breaking glitch:

If you hold the Scattershot you go out of bounds.

1 Like

If this is your first solo project, then you NAILED it!

Gun animations and sound effects are great and smooth.
Different selections of weapons which all of them are very unique.

Great job on the game! I see a bright future for you!

1 Like

I am aware of this, I kind of forgot about it though. I’ll fix it very soon. It has something to do with the gun’s model getting stuck in the baseplate
Edit: Fixed it

1 Like

Thanks!
I tried to choose sounds that felt satisfying, and I modified them if I thought they weren’t what I wanted. The animations did take up most of my time, but I’m glad they work well.
For the animations, I wanted them to be smooth and satisfying. The muzzles flashes are supposed to be stylized and stylish. Nothing too long or over-the-top.
I wanted a variety of different weapons to support different playstyles, a lot are gravitating towards the firework launcher because blast jumping is very useful. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey are you gonna explain how you did the animation and the first person stuff?

I used a free script which I modified a bit since I don’t know too much about scripting. I just made it a bit smoother and perform better. You have to use CFrame to move the player’s arms to the camera’s position.

Oh I thought you fully scripted everything… wow

my lifess a lie

I said most scripts are either modified free ones or made from scratch, but for the most part they’re made by me.

Alright well good luck with your project man, godspeed :tongue:

1 Like

You too, good luck on your survival game!

Wait how did you know about that

I saw your posts a few weeks ago, looks really good so far

1 Like

Dude thanks man, im working really hard and close to releasing an open betaaaa :tongue:

1 Like

Awesome job for your first solo project! Something that I loved about the game especially the smoothness and the weapon fire, one of the weapons I found to be pretty funny and my favorite was the guitar, keep up the good work! :smiley:

1 Like