Looking for feedback on my pillar!

3 Likes

Looks good, but maybe try adding some decoration in the top and bottom of the pillar, here are some reference images:

2 Likes

@chilakil1231 I’m pretty sure she’s more going for those square looking pillars they don’t really feature those types of designs at the top and bottom from my understanding as for the OP you accomplish a decent look and the overall structure is on point.

For someone with little to no experience in modeling, I think you’ve done a pretty good job of recreating the pillar. I like the design and overall shape and however I feel like it’s a bit to small in character size there more taller and more scales in making it have a better square look at the top and bottom of the pillar.

If I were to offer any feedback or suggestions, I’d suggest working on the sizing and height the pillars looks a little to small depending if this is going to be used on a building or something along the lines of that. Although it’s kind of depending on the theme your going for as what I can see, the reference image has highly straight parts going up the pillar creating a better design to it moving up the pillar.

I think if you were to get an idea of what I’m taking about in the image, it would make it more realistic and less of a blocky approach. At the start I’m definitely loving the design this looks like something that you’ll see connected on a building.

1 Like

We all have different ideas!
(30 chars)

2 Likes

Thank you! I was going for more of the square look like the image you posted. I do agree that it is small, I was just making a miniature model to see how it would’ve turned out. Thank you for the feedback though, I’ll keep your ideas in mind!

2 Likes

Cool pillar lots of detail and being a builder myself that’s an epic price of building :+1:

1 Like