Looking for Feedback on new GFX

Hello,

I just finished rendering and editing a new GFX/Thumbnail! What do you think of it? What do you think could be improved?

The GFX:

Old Version

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: !

I like it but personally I think that it kind of looks empty, especially the backround. You could fix that by for example adding palm trees or something like that.

2 Likes

Hello,

thank you for your feedback! I tried adding some vegetation into the background - so what do you think of it now?

That looks less emptier already, I like it more now.

1 Like

Parts of this are okay, but especially in the background and regarding the lighting you could definitely improve on it.

I think you’ve done an okay job with the colors of the foreground, with these warm colors that you would expect in a desert. The sand however looks more like a grey/blueish wasteland that is just creepy. Give the sand a warmer sandlike color by either putting light on it or tuning up the texture color.

Speaking of the lighting, it makes no sense that the sun is giving of a blue/green color (being reflected on the pyramide and the ground). Here you should definetly use warm colors too. Basically have the ground be warm and colorful, and let the sky itself stand as a contrast to that.

Also, the recently added cactus are not standing up straight, and these uh blocks in the lava are also making no sense. Why are they so rough? Why are their edges kinda sharp? And what on earth sre they doing in lava?

1 Like

That is incredible, dang. That is a really creative and unique thumbnail, though I do have some constructive feedback on it, of course. So without further ado:

1. Character
The poses are sufficient and look good already. The limbs aren’t stiff and fluent. The thing that I don’t understand is the black shirt character’s accessories (hat) are a bit… Strange? I don’t know what that is but it could be that you misaligned the accessories.

2. Scene & Props
The scene is adequate and good enough (sorry to say it like that). Though what you could improve is to randomize the orientation of those cactuses. The other vegetation looks good enough.

3. Lighting
Now here’s where it gets tricky. First off, the black shirt character’s lighting is way off. The main light is coming from the right, but the lighting on him feels displaced. I also don’t have any clue where that green light is coming from. For all I know, sun’s ain’t green (unless you live in Australia). I’d also improve the lighting from the lava. It should be clear that the lava is hot and glowing, but the light coming from the lava seems lacking.

Overall, I’d give this a 3.5/5. It’s good from the creativity and post-render process, but there are definitely things that can be improved. Really epic stuff, my dude.

1 Like

The lighting can be improved and the cactus don’t really fit (they look black?). But yea add more to the background and also what has it to do with a a pyramid? xD

1 Like

Looks great but the old version was better because in the new version the cactus are not realistic compared to the others elements.

1 Like