Looking for new user feedback for Blox Royale

Also, thanks for the Destroyer Rank and 999,999 Diamonds (If you intended to).

1 Like

I believe thats a bug… Are you actually able to spend the diamonds?

1 Like

Rejoined the server, it’s now gone

2 Likes

Finally, actually a game with music.
Hey I like how your troops actually walk around and destroy stuff. I like the effects like fire too.
So, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong, but when trying to place the “guest” troop in phone it does not work. I also can’t delete the guest troop I’m having trouble placing, so I’m basically locked with a guest troop I can’t place. I tried placing it everywhere, but it doesn’t work. Maybe try to fix that bug, and if you haven’t already, create a ui trash bin at the side of the screen where if you wanted to undo placing a troop, you would click or hover over that. Also, I feel like you could improve your drawings and make them more detailed, especially the box I earned after the tutorial.
The game surprisingly was more fun then I expected. Keep up the good work!
megmavens5

3 Likes

That is a visual bug, happens sometimes.

1 Like

Made a few QOL changes based on suggestions, would appreciate some more feedback. Specifically some xbox user experience would be amazing, also information on stuff you found confusing.

1 Like

I still have the [DEFENDER] rank though.

I love the idea of the Clash Royale type game. It’s a great game with very good and advanced gameplay!

2 Likes

We are noticing incredibly high rates for users not completing the tutorial, and are wondering why so some feedback on the tutorial design and the simplicity of the tutorial would be appreciated.

When I joined the game, I was greeted with a tutorial from someone named 'Ursa" but I see no one in the game that has that name. And for some reason when it got coins it said Consumable? Coins aren’t a consumable. I got the same map two times in a row, I don’t know if It’s the only map but the lobby is cool. Gameplay is good too.

2 Likes

Well, some kids just don’t like the tutorials and skip it.
As for the tutorial, the UI can do some work. Looks really dull for some.

I’m a badge collector ima get the badges :wink:

Also, i’m confused with the tutorial.

I really like the Idea, and I haven’t encountered any glitches myself.

We are redoing some aspects of the tutorial in our next update (such as it being unclear if you got the box or not). You cannot currently skip the tutorial since compared to meta game styles I believe ours is slightly more complex and does need that extra lay of explanation.

Great game idea. Absolutely great. Poor execution when it comes to design.

In terms of understanding, this game was very easy to understand. No need to do anything there.

But… If you want to gain more players you need to establish a style that isn’t so:

• Simple
  • Unrecognizable
  • Non-immersive

I just found this entire game beyond the scripting and idea bland:

• The coloring is bad for the builds. Not enough color. Mix up the materials. As a user I want details. There are basically none. Example:

Everything is spaced out and grey. That’s not good.

• Use less terrain. Use more meshes and parts.

• Stop with the haze and change the coloring of the lighting components. It has a depressing feel right now, this should be a more positive, vibrant game as a whole.

• The UI just doesn’t make sense. How?

• The animations are slow. When I opened a box, I got so bored waiting for all the cards to display. Add a skip button so it just displays all of your cards that you got instead of having to wait. The “End” button took too long to appear when the box opened.

• The buttons should interact when you click them. The icons don’t seem to be in style with the rest of the game.

• This bland grey UI style is just depressing… Either make it lighter, or turn it into the style of the buttons on the side which are partially transparent. Make the UI more round, and center/ re-create the other UI buttons.

• And lastly, the game lobby has no organization. It’s just all too cluttered and doesn’t make sense. There shouldn’t be so many UI buttons. Either choose only a physical shop or a UI shop. Either choose a portal to start games, or a UI to start games. Organize things into areas, I would recommend putting:
    Buyables in a “shop” area (including starter pack and other game passes).
    Other game functions such as challenges, starting games, etc, in UI on the side.

All in all, the idea is great and that is why you have players, but it would be much better if you added some more organization, style, detail, and color to this game.

I feel like I have to think too much to understand this game. I should be thinking to understand the actual gameplay, not how to navigate the game.

I am sorry if I sound harsh, I am just calling it like I see it. These are honest criticisms and suggestions. I really love the idea, work on the format and I am sure your game will do really well!

3 Likes

What my requests are in a more professional nutshell.

Mhm, except one more thing…

And I am just realizing as I read through my response. This game is for a younger demographic of 8 to 12, so the entire build and design should be made with that in mind.

Yep, what i was trying to say.
The average Roblox players are 8-12 years old. The game needs a lot of work.

UI: 2/10
Builds: 4/10
Compatibility: 10/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Tutorial: 6/10

I can’t play the game now, i am stuck at the opening of a box.

Glad to hear you like our compatability, its something we have worked really hard on.

I appreciate the rating and would personally rank it a bit lower, however what do you think could be improved about gameplay.

We have quite a few improvements already scripted just waiting for the next update, ill be sure to update the thread when they are released.

Currently in the process of having all our maps remade in addition to the lobby, this should help a lot.

This is an awkward one, in terms of style its hard to change since its made to fit with the lobby and anything more colourful would fall out of theme, however in our next update its a lot more dynamic (button animations, transition anims, better icons etc.) so this should help.

1 Like

At the heart of all of these posts what remains unspoken but grasped is that your game doesn’t feel like a professional game YET. It feels homemade and almost half-baked, and if you want your game to grow a lot, it is more likely to do so if you professionally develop and optimize each aspect.

Given that your game demographic is probably 8-11 (or 12) year olds (remember a lot of people lie on their age when making an account, so player age stats aren’t totally accurate, depend on logic for an approximation), you need to create a game that appeals to specifically them. How I would respond (but you can of course do what you see is best, this is just a suggestion based on psychology):

This means low-poly builds all around. It means that these low-poly builds should be colored, not overly detailed, and organized.

This means your UI should have purpose: divide it up that gameplay components are UI-based and EXTREMELY organized, and make sure that you only have one simple, easy way to start a match, start a quest, and equip “skills” or items, etc. The UI should be simple, rounded, and colored. The UI should be quick to use, easy to see, and the animations should be shortened.

Physically in the lobby should be shop items, leaderboards, etc. The UI should not include a shop, unless it’s really well integrated and simple.

It also means you should add in features different from Clash Royale to differentiate your game and have a unique standing in the community for yourself.

I know some of this is repetitive, I just thought I might as well sum up what @Darkzonian and I said in previous posts into actions and steps. What I find extremely helpful is coming up with a game design concept, and this goes for any games you make and updates you want to make to an existing game.

Here’s a great source document that you can edit/ model off of to plan out your development:

And lastly, TESTING is key. You are growing a player base with all these concurrent players as of writing this. Ask testers once you make a new version/ update what is good and what is bad about your changes. If something is the general consensus among testers, then you should seriously consider changing your game to fit what they say, and also change other parts that are similar.

I apologize if this came off as harsh. Your game is great at heart, it just needs a bit of makeover.

Remember to mark a solution if you found any of the posts from anyone particularly helpful. Good luck!

Few UI changes you can see in this video.
https://streamable.com/vk5ce8

1 Like