Looking for scripts / animators for new game

Hello RbxDev members!

I am currently looking for scripts and animators (as the title suggests) for a game I am currently creating, Gewher City (which is a class based shooter game set within the fictional criminal populated Gewehr City in the year 1983). Some mechanics of the game include enemy cop NPC’s, activating abilities, main menus, and the customization of characters.

This game will obviously take some time to complete. I honestly do not expect this game to be completely finished until some time in either very late 2017 or some point in 2018. This is due to the plans for the in-game features I have.

Because I currently do not know anything about scripting or animating, I am coming to you guys for help. I am hiring a scripter and an animator (or one person if they know how to do both) to associate in the development of this game. Although there are a variety of tasks in which I need these roles to know how to complete, some of the ones I need for them to know specifically are as follows:

Programmer

Side Note: Please note that although the below list is big, you are not going to be required to do ALL of the scripting of the game. There are some things in ROBLOX Studio in which I am familiar with how to script: these are just some of the in-game functions in which I do not know how to script.

• Is able to script working guns players can use.
  • Is able to script working enemy AI for the police forces.
  • Is able to script interact-able main menus for the game.
  • Is able to script a map voting system to load up a game map.
  • Is able to script datastores and a money system for buying in-game items.
  • Is able to script special character abilities (such as the ability to tag targets on other people’s screens or throw special grenades).
  • Is able to script the movement of vehicles (players do not drive: it is an NPC driver).
  • Is able to script a countdown clock.
  • Is able to script a purchase system.
  • Is able to script player teleportation system.
  • Is able to script special movement systems, such as sprinting and moving for cover.

Animator

• Is able to animate the movements of characters.
  • Is able to animate specific character actions (such as crouching or running).
  • Is able to animate the holding of guns in the game.
  • Is able to animate the movements on enemies.
  • Is able to animate the weapon operating of enemies.
  • Essentially, they need to be able to script the different movements and tool usage of the players and NPC’s.

As for the payment of said roles, it is 100% debatable should you take the job. You will get a percentage of the profits the game makes as well as a certain amount of robux once the game is completed (and possibly some robux here and there as we make the game). The exact percentage of automatic robux given is completely discussable between us. However, the percentage will increase depending on how much work you do for the game. As well, it will be higher for those that can do both tasks than those who can only either script or animate (for obvious reasons).

I thank you all for taking the time to read this post. I seriously hope one of you forum members takes into consideration the offer and helps me create this game. I can ensure you that I plan on developing and getting this game completed, and hopefully have it be atleast somewhat successful. I thank you, and hope you will take this into consideration. Thank you!

~ DominusBluesteelus

P.S.: This is not a requirement, but I do highly recommend that you get discord if you apply for this, as I tend to use discord on a daily basis, often times for development purposes.
P.S.S.:Please do let me know if you are interested in any way. I currently am not able to make this game without the help of a scripter.

You need to provide far more information about the work scripters and animaters will need to be doing, as well as how and how much are they going to be paid.

1 Like

I have updated the post.

If you can afford it you may get more responses if you offer direct payment via USD or robux at the completion and exchange of work.

Most people I know don’t like the “cut of potential game revenue” promises, unless you’re someone whos made a lot of very successful games. (Which is no offense to you or your dev team)

Oh no believe me I understand; I can see why people would seem skeptical on being paid in “potential game revenue” from a dev like me (as although ive gotten assets into famous games, this is the first full-scale game I am actually going to be completing).

Honestly, if I could, I would pay people directly, as I said here:

However, I can expect that when people ask for direct robux payment, they are going to want atleast a few thousand robux, which is something I do not have (I actually only have around 200). So as much as I want to be able to pay these guys a few thousand robux directly in order to have them help develop the game, there is just no possible way for me to do so.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.