Looking for solo game development advice

Hello,
I’ve been a developer for about 5 years now. I do mainly small commissions and have made a decent amount off of commissions but I’m looking to expand and make my own game. Before I start I thought I should get some advice and inspiration, so that’s what this topic is.

I plan to spend a lot of time on this game. I want to make something unique and in a new art style not yet seen on Roblox. That’s pretty much all I know.
I’m looking for advice on Gameplay Loops, Advertising, Monetization, etc. etc. Really any advice or information you can give me is appreciated, even game ideas or inspiration would be wonderful.

6 Likes

Hey there! I’m glad you’re finally on your way to make games, I really only have one one piece of advice for you.

If you’re going to spend a lot of time on it, make sure your planning everything out, but don’t overwork yourself. Set reasonable times for yourself, take breaks, etc. Its the best piece of advice I could give you.

Good luck on your endeavors!

4 Likes

I agree. Planning is very important especially on large projects. I recommend planning out every feature/thing you will be working on and preferably when too.

4 Likes