Looking For Some Tips On Roblox Designing!

Hello everyone! My name is Pix and I am the owner of Pixie’s Closet Pixie’s Closet - Roblox. I don’t want to hire a designer for my group at this time because, I am just starting and I don’t want to spend a ton of money/robux in my beginner stages of running a clothing group. I will be hiring designers later on, when my group gets bigger. For now, I make my own clothing, and sometimes buy clothing off of other people, and I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how to make good designs! At the moment, I use Paint.Net. I also get all of my clothing ideas from Pinterest or I sometimes go onto different clothing websites such as, Hollister, Ralph Lauren, and other popular clothing stores/brands. I do add shading to most of my designs and I also try to add lots of detail. Some of my designs do not have shading and do not have a lot of detail, due to me not thinking they need it. If you have any tips, please leave them below.

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I think your outfits are wonderful, what I’d personally suggest for the outfits themselves, is more shading. Shading with colors that compliment the outfit. I can tell you shaded with black.
Make sure you also add highlights, highlights can change an ENTIRE OUTFIT completely!

Here is a website that is good for colors on what to shade with- giving it a better vibe and appearance. Yokoboo — shading colour tips

Besides that, I think your doing great and practice makes perfect!
Although, I think your group’s appearance could be improved, such as how you name your outfits.

This outfit is cute, and a lot of people would buy this- although, the name is interesting. It’s not something people would be wanting to click. You need clickbaity labels for your outfits, it’s a work of art. Instead of “coffee”, I’d put : “Basic Black Cut Crop Top w/ Ripped Jeans”. It describes the outfit, and you can even use different words- re place black with “Midnight”.

Also, the sleeves are just called “sleeves”

I’d suggest giving them a similar name as the matching pants set. I personally like to put emojis for the sleeves and outfit so when someone is looking- it’s a easy match.
Here is an example of what the sleeve’s name should be : “Basic Black Cut Crop Top Sleeves”. It’s simple, cute, and it gets the point across that it goes with that piece.

Another thing I’d suggest, is keeping shirts together, and pants together. Let’s say someone doesn’t want the pants, and they like the shirt- but oh no, they are on the same template. INSTEAD you could only post the shirt as 1 with the sleeves- and the jeans as one. You can display them in your store together, to show that they work well together!

If you have any questions, need advice or anything, feel free to reply here or dm me! c: I hope I was helpful.

3 Likes

Okay! That’s a really good idea, thanks for the wonderful tips!

1 Like