Looking for tips to improve my map for my new game

This is my first game, and i just wanted some opinions on the map and how i could make it better. Its supposed to be a anime like map. i only added the trees so far, i will add flowers, bushes, and other stuff to add detail. i also will make a setting to make the lighting less intense so people with worse devices can play. this is taken at the highest graphic setting. I made all the models myself, but the lighting seems off. The game is also a horror game. I wanted the day to feel off, which the game is based off not being able to see in the dark. I do not have the night lighting up yet though.

and this photo is at a lower graphic setting.

Thanks!

Also the game will be first person

The trees in the second picture don’t very smooth. (I’m not a builder but I tried my best lol)

Yeah i did that so it had texture, its supposed to be more realistic. But its not perfect because it has low polygons. what about the lighting?

1 Like

Maps like these have more detail than can be seen at one time of day. Maybe a real time lighting system with the sun and moon moving over head.

The lighting is amazing I think I should learn how to make some good lighting!

The map looks good so far! There is way too much fog though, you should decrease it so players can see better, even if it’s a horror game. Otherwise, nice job on this!

Thank you! but the game is supposed to be base off of the fear of not being able to see. i wanted the day to seem unsuspecting but off, or i would of lowered the density.

yup there is a time setting already in i just didn’t add the night lighting yet so i didn’t show it. The only way you can die will be at night, and day is when you can get resources to survive. but great suggestion!

Thanks! I’m still trying to improve it. Do you think the lighting quality could compare to most games? im trying to see where i can improve. i will have a setting to lower the quality so players on a lower end device can still enjoy the game!

I cannot give a answer to that as I don’t pay attention to the lighting within games.

Np, thanks for your help anyways!