Looking Forward in 2020: This Year's Developer Roadmap

My thoughts on this are when do you plan on trying out this new workflow? I don’t see a difference in communication on the positive side of things.

Oh look, another disappointing year. Been waiting for PBR materials for over a year now, i think?

This is really unacceptable. Its a billion dollar company. Yes, covid has been delaying things, but really, we get a 5th or 6th of the features we were told we were going to get, and only around 3 of these features are interesting/useful?

Honestly at this point, I feel like Roblox is similar to the Sims, as in people are only playing it because it doesn’t have a rival.

4 Likes

I guess that was one of the ambitious promises.

2 Likes

I just don’t get how it’s November 2nd at the time of this message, yet the Roadmap has 3rd quarter tasks stating their status to be “On Track”. We’re over a month past the end of the 3rd quarter and no 4th quarter tasks are updated to have any status.

1 Like

PBR Materials is over a year late and is still ‘on track.’ For a game that depends on their developers so much, they sure aren’t transparent with us at all.

3 Likes

well it’s December. it would be very surprising if they release all of those in one month.

2 Likes

Hello! I just noticed the roadmap was updated recently, and head MeshParts were marked as live.

However, this does not seem to actually be the case. Was this a mistake or does this mean that the MeshPart head/accessory migration is coming soon in the next patch?

I can’t see the change in blending, can somebody send a picture on what kind of change in blending it means.

1 Like

Here is a link to a twitter post that clearly displays the difference that this update introduces.

However, this feature definitely has yet to be implemented into studio. Why it appears as “live” in studio also has me in question.

1 Like

Hey, just a quick question, I no longer see this on the roadmap. It’s not even deferred, what happened?

No idea. It disappeared earlier on in the year. I suppose they ran into issues.

1 Like

Hello all,

Just a quick update - we’ve taken some time to review how our developer roadmap currently operates, and will soon be launching an overhauled version, including 2021 features. We hope that this results in a roadmap that is more accurate and dependable for all Creators. Keep your eyes out for an announcement!

Thanks

24 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.