LoopCut Utility PLUGIN

Moved to: [Building Plugin] LoopCut Utility

I have noticed that the basic loop cut functionality is missing from Roblox. It’s also a pain working without one, especially as a person who customarily uses this in Blender - hence I’ve decided to take the responsibility of quickly assembling a plugin for my fellow builders :slight_smile:

INITIAL SETUP:

I tried doing my best at keeping set-up and usage processes as straight forward & intuitive as possible. Most settings will be synced out of studio. Your only concern is to set-up appropriate key-binds to toggle & execute the loopcut, which you can do so by accessing the Roblox’s Shortcut Customization:

1. File > Advanced > Customize Shortcuts

2. “Loop” as a keyword

USAGE:

1. Select the part you wish to subdivide
  2. Toggle loop cut using the relevant keybind
  3. Scroll up/down to increase/decrease number of cuts
  4. Execute loop cut

USEFUL FOR:

• Creating stairs and ladders :flushed:
  • Other cool stuff

TIP: Hold “Alt” to access parts within the model!

Source-code located on github - should you ever wish to view how this works under the hood or fiddle around with some settings.

Feel free to DM or comment down below if you’ve encountered any issues, or have any suggestions

25 Likes

This is a really good plugin, I’m sure it will work for me, thank you, very nice!

2 Likes

Its very useful now i can make stairs easily thank you so much for this cool plugin!

2 Likes

Superb! This will be super useful for me to use later on. Thank you for making this! :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice work! Indispensable thing for building stuff! Highly recommend :slight_smile:

1 Like