Looped property of AnimationTracks doesn't replicate to other players

When I create an animation track with the Animator object on the client, changing the Looped value does not replicate to other players. Other players simply see the looping behavior that was specified when the animation was originally published.

This repro file loads an animation track on the client, disables the Looped property, and plays it once. The animation should play once each time the character spawns. If you start a 2-player test with this file, you will see that while the local player’s character behaves correctly, the other player will continue to animate indefinitely.

LoopReplicationBugRepro.rbxl (60.9 KB)
The script is located in StarterCharacterScripts. Note that you will need to replace the ANIMATION_ID with an ID of your own animation. Make sure the animation is set to loop.

Note: this bug was reported and triaged back in the day, but it hasn’t been updated in years so I made a new thread in case the old one isn’t being tracked anymore. You can find the original thread here: AnimationTrack.Looped Does Not Replicate

3 Likes

I have also experienced this specific bug. This was unexpected behavior for me as well.

1 Like

Found someone to look at this, hang tight!

4 Likes

I was about to file my own. Thanks for doing this, this has been an ongoing issue for 6 years:

Edit: Aha, you have it already linked. Nice.

lmao, i can’t with it sometimes, personally encountering this issue too, and it was 2 years ago, still come back to projects having the same issue.

this feels genuinely pathetic :face_exhaling:

2 Likes
2 Likes