Lost Account, Games, and Thousands of Dollars

Hello, recently my Roblox account “TinyGeckoWasTaken” was deleted for “violating the repeat DMCA infringer policy.” My moderation action that got my account deleted was because of a Mocking Spongebob Shirt I uploaded 3 years ago when I was only 13 years old. I also previously got a DMCA takedown from another Spongebob item uploaded 5 years ago when I was only 11 years old.

During the timeframe after I was 13, I started to make some decently sized games with a couple million visits, those of which I have now lost. I have also now lost access to all the Robux in my account (about 400k R$ plus whatever I had in group funds, at least another 300k R$), all the items in my account (1M R$+ in limiteds), and I lost all the progress on my games I played on Roblox.

I tried to explain to Roblox Support that these moderated items were from forever ago and it does not make sense for such a cruel punishment now but they seemed to ignore what I had to say and said they’re unable to provide me with any further information or response on the topic.

I worked very hard on my games and am very proud of how far they have come but it does not make sense how Roblox can just take them from me like that and take all the revenue from my games. Shortly before my accounts termination, I was trying to DevEx for the first time and was very excited to do so, and now everything I had and everything I worked for over the last couple of years is gone.

If there is anything anyone can do for me or you have any recommendations on what I can do, please let me know because I’ve lost everything.

22 Likes

Do you know of anything I can do

6 Likes

Was it Paramount themselves who DMCA’d you?

5 Likes

i wasnt in that kind of situation, so i dont really know, maybe try to message to roblox more?

4 Likes

Yes, the DMCA came from Paramount Global.

3 Likes

Yeah, Paramount is literality the worst company out of all the others when it comes to copyright.

They’re the kind of people who would literality try to bankrupt someone just for uploading a 30 second clip of Spongebob, so they’re defiantly not the kind of company to gain attention from.

I do think it’s possible to appeal your account since there’s a lot of valuable stuff on it, but even so…Roblox still keeps every ban or warning on your moderation record.

So even if it was recovered, it’s still very unclear if they would let you use DevEx anymore since getting an account deletion from copyright violations is a very big red flag to them.

But maybe if you just send them an appeal explaining everything, it’s certainly possible that they’ll help you with your problems.

8 Likes

I’ve sent in an appeal and explained the items were from years ago but they pretty much just repeated what they said before.

2 Likes

This is the exact reason why developers are moving to other engines like Unreal and Unity. Developers who have a lot to lose are being held accountable and losing their primary income from a mistake that could’ve been resolved by simply removing the item. This is why Roblox moderation is being bashed so hard, for being complacent with their moderation and not actually understanding the context of the situation.

On top of all of this, they’re not even willing to listen or give some insight about what happened, even though the person who’s inquiring is the one who was punished. Everything is in Roblox’s control, their word is final and it’s a shame that they do this to people. I cannot wait for the day when Roblox terminates my account, which has been my primary source of income for several years. I can’t wait to tell how corrupt this corporation has become, for ruining developer’s lives.

11 Likes

Fair use copyright act of 1976.

4 Likes

This happened to me. I didnt upload a spongebob shirt or anyother item… A exploiter got access to my account. How they got in. I added a free model to my game. They uploaded a model exploit and it banned me. I lost everything and roblox never replied to my my request. Sadly i lost hundreds of dollars because of a exploit. Your case is far worse. I have heard of the copy right things happening to people. Roblox is honestly scared to get sued again. I dont blame them for removing the item… but they removed your account aswell. usually it doesnt do that.

1 Like

Your account appears unterminated to me, did they accept your appeal?

1 Like