LOST Devlog #1: The beginning!

Hello! :wave:

I’m jXD20072, owner of an upcoming game known as LOST. So… what is it about, you may ask?

“LOST is a multiplayer rpg-type game set in a maze. Discover hidden places, villages and people while trying to escape from unknown entities. Do you have what it takes to enter the labyrinth?”

We’re excited to release our first devlog for the game, as we’re trying to build a community and get some feedback and suggestions!

– BUILDING –

Expand me

Here are some examples of the game’s map in progress! (This will be a small village in the future)

– SCRIPTING –

Expand me

Some of the systems currently scripted for the game! Includes:

• Movement system (Sprint, roll and slide with their animations)
  • Inventory system
  • Some items
  • Health, energy, food and water indicators
  • Other interactions in the map
  • Combat system (WIP)
  • AI for combat (WIP)
  • Day/Night cycle (Not shown)
  • NPC dialogue (Not shown)
  • Shop, sell and quest NPCs (Not shown)

Click here to view a short video showcasing the systems

– LINKS –
Roblox group
Discord server

Feel free to watch an alternative video devlog! (click here)

– CREDITS –

@maximan123123: Building
@oxlelox: Modeling (roblox studio) and video editing above
@jXD20072: Programming and some animations

Note: This isn’t everything that we’ve done so far, we’re hiding some stuff to have some hype in the community!

Let us know your feedback, ideas or suggestions! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

All right. Looks cool! Just so you know. It is “Beginning” not “Beggining”.

1 Like

Oh oops :sweat_smile:
Sorry about that lol

No problemo. Excited to see the progress of this.

Is it me or this sounds a lot like Maze Runner?

I like the idea

Never heard of it, but I guess it’s something like that in the form of an rpg game, yeah

Maze Runners is a Movie Series (3 Movies from what I know) where there’s this maze taht us always changing, and tethered the people that is in the middle and is trying to get out but they can’t go in the maze because during the night there’s strange creatures that are very deadly
That’s basically the movie, but if you want to know more research it/watch it

Ah I see. Yes, it’s similar but not exactly the same. The maze will be always changing, and there will be deadly creatures around (not just at night). The game’s objective will be more focused on exploration though, the map is going to be really big but there will be an exit eventually. Thanks, I can get some inspiration from there too!

Yes! Exploration!
If you ever need any tips on what to add ask me