Lost Friends - New Game feedback please

Hi. We have been busy working away for the past 3 months on our new game Lost Friends

The idea is that players are teleported to different arenas where they have to find their friends among ever growing crowds.

The NPC system is a suitably modded version of Justice by @ LewisTehMinerz. Thanks go out to him as I tried to make my own but why reinvent the wheel. The game could theoretically reach 1000 NPCs so this may need to be capped at a sensible limit.

I know the the game thumbnail is quite basic and needs to be updated (ie given to a professional) to do it properly. Some maps are also pretty basic cos our building skills arenā€™t that great yet.

All that aside, we would really like to know what you think of the game and how we could improve it.

pssst. I am really proud of how well the Tutorial system worked out.

5 Likes

I thought is was a really fun game, The fact that they were actually my friends was cool

the only problem is that some of my friend have no icon because they are wearing contentDeleted t shirts

So that makes it harder for me

2 Likes

I never saw this type of game on roblox so good job on the originality. I have a few things to say: when you hover over an npc and then stop the select box will still remain on it sometimes if you click the hide players button for the leaderboard the icon will chage but the frame will not show/hide. The ui could definitely be improved fox example remove the default border from frames in the friends to find container.

Also i did not receive the ā€œFound 10 Friendsā€ badge so you may want to check the script tasked to award it.

Overall good job!

2 Likes

Thanks for playing. I have seen that some player icons donā€™t load. Not sure if there is a way around the whole ā€˜content deletedā€™ issue for player images though.

1 Like

There probably isnt a workaround at all, just removing them from the game will do the trick

1 Like

Thats a great idea. Just validate the the returned boolean from GetUserThumbnailAsync.

Thanks for the advice I have taken it on board and fixed:

• the player list open/close function now only 0.5s debounce
  • friend frames had a frame background showing, now hidden
  • trying to make the Bounding Box timeout after ā€˜nā€™ seconds.

I was thinking of adding gradients to the UI to try and improve the look of it.

Really pleased that you think it is an original game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have set the NPC selection box to hide after 3 seconds which looks better than them being permanently selected. Iā€™ve also managed to check for those players that donā€™t have avatar images because on content deleted items/clothing. Seems to be working OK

Also done some updates to the Mall map, as some shops were looking quite bare.

Still keen to hear what improvements we could make.

I love the game conceptā€¦ I only wished it actually worked :joy:
Make sure you test your game before releasing!

Hi TwoMadDev. Sorry to hear it didnt work for you.

We rigorously play test and we canā€™t find a problem at the moment, using either any dev account or the play test accounts. What problem did you experience?

How did that not work? The gameplay is pretty good!

If the player thumbnails dont show up, then they are wearing content deleted items
If the quest thing doesnt work, then, uh, well its kind of bugged, btu the game still does work

ello! I just played your game and I really enjoyed it but i did notice some bugs

• Quests donā€™t give out the reward
  • Quest gives out the reward too many times when easy
  • In the park map the npcs sometimes clump together

Really good game though, I enjoy the gameplay and unique aspect of it

Thanks for the testing and the support guys.

Players with content deleted will no longer appear. Doing a serverside check before they are spawned to ensure their thumbnail is available.

I broke Quests last night when trying to improve them. Trying to fix it now.