Lost on How to Create or Delete Developer Products with the Roblox API

1. What do you want to achieve? Im Searching for a way to create or Delete Developer Products for my Game on Roblox. However looking into online forums their arent much wrappers or modules that can help. Noblox.js is what i was mainly looking into however its not using the latest api calls and is poorly programmed. Does anyone
    know of any alternatives that may provide the output im looking for, Or know how to do this Using the New Roblox API.

Can someone also provide some Clarification into API Keys and the Open Cloud as these terms confuse me as i’d like to make use of them aswell.

Links:

1 Like

It’s not possible to delete Roblox assets (including developer products) and the Roblox cloud API doesn’t support the creation of asset types apart from audios, models and decals.

1 Like

Alright I Get this but however within noblox.js there is a call to

await noblox.adddeveloperproduct(params)

So if there is no space for that on the API how is a wrapper like noblox.js doing this ( depreceated ) now however they still did it.

https://noblox.js.org

1 Like

https://noblox.js.org/lib_games_addDeveloperProduct.js.html

this isnt working ive just stumbled upon this

Credits to the RightFul Owner!

2 Likes

This is an example of what you are looking for, there are 2 iterations of the dev products api and the one in this script is the most recent version which is also used on the creator dashboard

You cannot delete assets on roblox and that’s why DynamicDonations saves the created product’s ID in the database, that allows dev products to be reused and prevent errors since you can’t create products with the same name.
This could be avoided by using unique strings as names but the current DynamicDonations’ approach is faster because it takes less to send the product ID to the game as it queries the database (which you may also run on the same machine as the server, which as a result would provide very low latency) just 1 time compared to the 2 calls needed when creating a new product.

API keys are unique fine-grained authentication tokens that can be used to execute CRUD operations on resources on a server on behalf of a user account/group. Open Cloud is just the name given by roblox to a set of APIs they are building that support API keys and OAuth2.0 tokens instead of cookies for authentication/authorization.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.