Low CTR, clueless on what's wrong with the ads

Hello there, recently I have released a game and I am currently trying to advertise it.

The game

✨Enchanted Vibes✨ - Roblox

But this doesn’t seem to be going very well as I’m getting a very low CTR.
I have already asked around and can’t seem to figure out as to why I am getting such a low CTR.

After the first one only got a CTR of 0.59% I decided to make a ‘‘better’’ one, which seemingly does worse.

I am really clueless so some help and feedback would be much appreciated!

These are the ads:

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

(Sorry if this is a bit of an annoying topic, I really am clueless and wanted to be straight-forward)

2 Likes

Perhaps many people simply don’t find the ads appealing, or perhaps you’re advertising on the wrong days at the wrong times, in turn targeting the wrong audience. From what I’ve seen and heard, many people experiment with multiple ads until they eventually find one with a high CTR. Try making a skyscraper ad with a similar theme and color scheme as the banner ad and test it out. Maybe it will draw more attention. Also test out sponsoring the game. Maybe that will have better results.

2 Likes

There are many factors that decide how high your CTR is. Many people have adblocks enabled or you haven’t bid enough. Other ads with higher bids might be on too. I’d try to send out ads for a few days straight and then see what happens.

I have also tried sponsoring but that turned out even worse and got me like a 0.12% CTR. Furthermore, the day I advertise on doesn’t matter too much atm as most people are in quarantine. I’m not sure how relevant the timing is but to me it seems like, since everyone’s from different timezones and the ad runs for 24 hours it shouldn’t matter too much. I will try creating a more vibrant skyscraper ad, thank you for your time!

For the CTR the bid should not matter as it’s based off impressions. I will send out more ads but just not the same ones I have right now because I don’t feel like it’ll suddenly do better the more times I send it out.

Bidding is basically putting money into guaranteed impressions…

CTR = clicks / impressions. So the amount I bid isn’t relevant to my CTR.

It has way too many colors, and is way too complex make it simple and pleasant to look at. Also it depends on what time of day it is, during the day more people will click, during spring break more people will click etc. Also 300 robux is a bit low for an ad bid, but that’s not related to your CTR.

I made an example of something simple, yet pleasant to look at:

4 Likes

Did you notice that people who bid more into ads have them play more often which also makes their CTR higher than for someone who bids less? That is what I mean.

Thank you for your reply. I personally feel like vibrancy makes it stand out, but I can imagine not everyone liking that style. I will take some of your advice and make a simpler less vibrant ad aswell and see how that performs.

That does not make any sense. I assume when you say “play more often” you mean higher impressions, but CTR = clicks/impressions, e.g. how many of your impressions resulted in clicks. Simply increasing impressions does not increase CTR.

Lot’s of colors can make it stand out so can no colors. Also, the colors you chose when blended look gross and brown. I understand these colors are straight out of the game but you should show less of them. Try using colors that are close together on the color wheel, or look good together.

Here’s a demonstration of what these colors look like blended together, or in your peripheral vision. This is not exact, actually far from it but it’s the thought that counts.
https://gyazo.com/efcaad4d7c019815120ae07b92c775bd

2 Likes

the ad probably has way too many things going on in the background, I know you want to put everything whats in the game on the ad, but it’s better to have one area with few, but bright colors present, but it should also work well with the text of the ad since you especially want that to be easily readable

recommend you make multiple ads and do a test run for all of them and pick one or two of the best performing advertisements

4 Likes

then again if bidding like 300 or 500 gets you a CTR under 1% thats still pretty low regardless

1 Like

The people just aren’t clicking the ads. You need better ads, much better if you want to land success.

Yes, I am well aware of that. That is why this topic was created in the first place. Just not sure how I could improve my ads or whether I needed a different approach w/e.

2 Likes