Low FPS on a high-end system (FPS counter says 60, but feels like it's 15 - 30)

This has been going on for about a year now, or at least since I got my new system completed. The in-game counter will stay at a solid 60 FPS all the time, however, if I go full screen, the FPS drops to 5, and maximized window feels like 60 most of the time, but it repeatedly drops to 15 - 30.

This seems like an issue with Roblox not realizing it’s in focus, and thus, uses less resources, resulting in much lower frame rates. Roblox is also the only application that does this, so I’m confident it’s not my PC or my GPU settings.

My system:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 @3.6Ghz
GPU: Asus TUF AMD Radeon 5600 XT
RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
SSD: Samsung M.2 SSD

8 Likes

I’ve had this issue before, and I’ve had others talk about it. Try pressing Alt + Enter after entering full screen with F11; this may solve the issue (and it should also cause your GPU software to recognize the application as full screen.)

8 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Can you post a Microprofiler dump? Instructions here

microprofile-20201210-121301.html (1.1 MB)

I’ve had this same issue. In microprofiler it seems to be maxed out even though in task manager it isn’t using much of my system resources.

This is when I am focusing on the Roblox Studio window.

My PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600
GPU: NVIDIA EV3GA RTX 2060
RAM: 48 GB DDR4 2600 Mhz
SSD: Intel SSD D3-S4510 SSDSC2KB038T801 3.84TB 3D NAND TLC SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Enterprise Solid State Drive
Monitor: 60 HZ Ultrawide HP Monitor

Hi there, thanks for filing this bug report. This is closed as not a bug. The engineers have determined this issue is a hardware issue.

1 Like

Thanks!

I was going to mention this, but forgot to.

Apparently, it’s an issue with software not detecting a full screen application, and has been fixed with a recent Radeon driver that came out.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. My GPU is Nvidia 1060 (6GB). Its not consistent, sometimes its rough but other times I have to reboot my computer to make it smooth.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.