Low Network Receive?

I’m assisting a group in rebooting their game. Many players don’t play it anymore and the owner wants to restart it. A few years ago, I used to play the game myself. I did notice a few issues with the response from vehicles with their turning. Upon checking the Network Receive, I noticed it was 43.5/s through Shift+F5. When I hit F7 and selected Network, it said 3.54 KB/s. Does anyone know what could be causing this kind of network receive (Assuming that is bad)? You can check the game here: https://www.roblox.com/games/421606492/Fixes-Chicago-1949.

Edit: I have removed my Discord from this post. Most of the DMs I received have been related to this post. A low network receive can be encountered when in small servers or games that have little to no players. This is because Roblox prioritizes larger servers. The bigger the server, the better the network receive you will encounter is. A low network receive number is generally related to your framerate while a red network receive is generally related to your connection or the server’s network priority.
Some of this may be inaccurate, but this is based on what I’ve discovered from questions and seen in different servers.

3 Likes

I’m going to link you to a forum post that is similar to your question, and should also answer your question as well.

1 Like

That isn’t answering my question. That’s just an idea of what it might be.

1 Like

Your question was whether or not the low Network receive was bad. The answer was provided in the post linked.
If you require more explaination… Network Recieve is a rate at which data is received by the client, from the server. So, the lower the better, simple right?? It was explained by ColdSmoke in his post at the link provided.
I’ve also noticed that there is several posts that have similar questions involving Network Receive if you simply use the search bar.

Here are two posts

i’ve got the same problem (kinda), sometimes when i play i suddenly get 0KB/s, and the game just freezes. i can move, but others appear frozen to me and also all the game mechanics. i don’t know how to fix this, cause everything else that’s connected to the internet works perfectly, like chrome or discord. if somebody could help i’d appreciate it.

3 Likes