Low Playercount Despite Game Being Fun?

Hello everyone! My game Blox Royale: Battlegrounds is not performing as well as I was hoping and I have no idea as to why. To me the game is fun, simple and easy to get into, why is it not doing well?

If you have any ideas as to why, please let me know.

You as the developer believe it to be fun, that is human nature. But others may not see it fun, and I personally I don’t see it original. I guess people like a style of Battle Royale games, or not even the genre. You should make unique mechanics, but I have no idea what mechanics.

People think of those Fortnite rip-offs when they read or hear the word “Battle Royale”, and that just leads them into thinking the game is not fun.

1 Like

The game is not a battle royale lol

Even then, it can be understood as a Battle Royale.
Screenshot_20210822-102602_Chrome

Do you think changing the name so there is no expectation that the game is a Battle Royale would help?

Yeah, but it depends on the gameplay too.

Yea, that’s what I’m asking for help on, not the name of the game.

Looking at your post I assume you’re okay with criticism, so here is mine: Your game is oriented around gunplay, yet the gunplay itself isn’t too entertaining nor is getting kills satisfying. Being an fps oriented game isn’t easy as your primary source of entertainment value is from the gunplay and how satisfying it is to run around mindlessly getting kills. If you don’t know how to achieve this then maybe try going a different path; try adding some more progression goals, something to keep players playing even if the gameplay itself isn’t too fun. After all, people don’t enjoy grinding, they enjoy seeing how much it paid off.

Also yes, I do realize that your game isn’t only guns, but the same idea still applies.

1 Like

Yea, the thing is i’m not sure how to make it more satisfying then it already is, do you have any ideas?

Add kill effects, they’re easy and make your game fun.

Already planning on that in the next update!

I think the like to dislike ratio says it all

A few minor tweaks can improve gunplay by a lot. First, increase the default mouse sensitivity, it is on the rather low side. Also, remove the ADS mouse sensitivity change, it makes ADS almost unusable and makes it feel janky. Third, replace the pitch increasing hitmarker sounds with something more concrete, an example of good hitmarker sounds would be Apex Legends or Call of Duty. At the moment, the hitmarkers don’t give the weapons a sense of “UMPFF” that other shooter games do.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

So the sensitivity should stay the same whether your zoomed in or not?

Yeah, with the style your weapons are there should be no sensitivity change.

1 Like

You are certainly attempting to over-achieve. 1M+ visits is not something small. People don’t really enjoy battle royale games anymore, and “Blox Royale” can be interpreted as “Battle Royale”. A simple name change and updates should do the trick if you’re really going for plays.

201 concurrent players isn’t small either.

I’ve tried other names and they simply don’t seem to do as well.

Its small for me compared to my previous ventures, I was hoping for a player-count more in the thousands. (Not trying to come off as entitled)

Yep, it was just created last month, 1M visits and 200 concurrent, looks like a ‘hit’ to me.

I guess I have low expectations.