Low poly Buildings Feedback

Hello there, I made some Low poly buildings and i would like you to rate it and give some feedback on it, thanks .(criticize if you can, but don’t be offensive):smiley:

2 Likes

I would suggest working with smaller parts and decals. Smaller parts can be used for things like exterior moulding, window details, better doors, etc. Decals are also a great option to give the build more real-life context like store names and “open” signs to breathe a bit of extra life into your builds.

I feel that this needs a heck of a lot more detail FE;

Instead of putting rocks in the middle of the street, replace them with street lamps and place bins and bags of rubbish in the surrounding area.

I also think the scaling needs a lot of improving an example of this would be; The road is super thin, make it bigger, think to yourself, could a car fit on that road? The short answer is no so I suggest making the road a lot bigger. Also – scaling wise on the buildings, the windows push out way too far, I would suggest you pushing them back a bit.

Finally, I think you should try and develop your build style as this style you’re using won’t work with most games. You could develop your style by; changing the shape of the buildings, because as of right now they’re just solid blocks with minimal detail, I could also suggest changing colours that dont fit, an example of this is the white pavement, try making that the fossil colour, or atleast something on the darker end.

Final final piece of advice, change or remove the mountains, it doesn’t fit the build.

Pretty basic and the scaling of the shops are way off. They shouldn’t be bigger than the road itself; I recommend placing an NPC to use for size reference.

1 Like

Hey, at first when I look at this I think that the sizes need to be changed a lot. For example the roads are very small with very large lines. Definately advise to change those, or even no lines at all as it is low poly. Moving on to the buildings, Again the scaling is off as the parts are to big, smaller means more detail and even though this is Low poly, detail in this case counts a ton. Try to put the doors inside the build as well as the windows with unions instead of themk sticking out. I would lastly suggest that the roofs be more interesting such as gable roofs etc… and the colour being changed on them as well to seperate that section of the building. I do also agree with the other suggestions up here. However, if this one of your first attempts or your just experimenting, I would say good job and keep working hard! Good luck on your next proejects!

1 Like
  • Add a pile of snow to the top of the mountains.
  • Add outlines to the buildings.
  • Make the roads wider.
  • Add detail to the bushes, things like berries and flowers.