Low Poly Cave Feedback (old)

Hey! I am working on this Cave for a Simulator me and a friend are working on, this is just a small Cave for Quests and Players to explore. I would love some suggestions and feedback. Thanks!

15 Likes

I think its 8/10 overall. The design is very clean. However, the interior is a little bland so maybe add some more lighting or designing to it. Otherwise, exceptional work!

6 Likes

Thank you for the reply and rating, it’s very helpful. I will definitely be adding some more stuff inside, especially in the big open area in the second picture. I want to keep the Lighting sorta dark as well. Thanks for the reply.

4 Likes

Absolutely Incredible. Its so detailed and pretty, I love the building design you did with the bricks on the gave entry, and the green circular patterns on the side of the walls. the mix of pink, and green on the cave look amazing as well, Its a great way to Contrast from other colors of darkness and makes it more appealing to the eye.

Outstanding job! Keep it up.

3 Likes

Thank you, I saw this entrance on a YouTubers video and had to try and make it, I think it turned out pretty cool. Appreciate the reply.

2 Likes

It’s pretty cool, maybe add like some ores or something that makes it look more appealing to the user.

5 Likes

Yes thank you for the idea, Some Emeralds and Gems would look great in here.

3 Likes

I think it needs to be more decorated, right now it’s kind of bland. now I don’t know what your game is about so I can’t tell you what to do, but if I where you I would put mini side quests. these can give you points that you can buy stuff with, if you really want to monetize maybe make some points pay to win. but in terms of the cave, I like the textures and the models. for textures, models, and overall lighting 7/10

4 Likes

its really bland and blocky in the interior and there is like no transition for the cave and there are bricks and its like a smooth arch so yea idk how that there and the foliage on the entrance is unrealistic especially those circles even in the interior

3 Likes

For the circles that you think are unrealistic, those are leaves lol. The bricks are stone and I have those because the game is Kingdom Style and I felt as if that fit it well. Thanks for the reply.

3 Likes
  1. needs better lighting
  2. needs more interior
  3. maybe add fireflies like glowing particles
4 Likes

and someone said to add ores that would actually be really cool

4 Likes

Fireflies are a good idea, yeah still have some stuff to add to the inside. Thank you

3 Likes

Exterior
I love the fact that the moss at the entryway is just dripping. Your exteriors design is visually appealing. The only thing I could suggest is to make the grass and stone contrast better. It’s just green then suddenly grey. That’s my only nitpick.

Interior
It’s a lot more bland than the exterior. You need to fill in the blanks.

• I definitely think you could expand on the “abandoned mine” aspect by adding railways, pickaxes, and minecarts.
  • A lot more glowy stuff and lighting would make this immediately better! Right now, lanterns are the only light source present.
  • Just as others said, gems and fireflies would be great editions!
  • You could make this a lot more cave-like. Currently the chambers and halls look like cubes with rocks. Have more shape to your chambers. Experiment with more cylindrical caves.
  • Stalagmites and stalactites would be great for a build like this. Take note from other real world cave generation too.

Other than that, love your build!

3 Likes

Thank you for this long list of suggestions and ideas, this helps a lot. Thank you for pointing out the grass, I didn’t notice until you really said something about it, lol. Again I appreciate the reply

3 Likes

No problem!

• If the cave is an essential part to your game, I’d suggest adding deeper layers. You can have cool themes like underworld and crystals.
  • You could also build a wooden pulley elevator down to the lower levels. Would add a great method of transport.

If it isn’t important, lol.

2 Likes

Haha, it’s honestly just something to the side of the map. So that if players feel like Exploring, they have something to Explore, maybe I will expand it in a later Update. If I do, I am using these ideas you just gave me lol

2 Likes

: D
Thanks for your consideration! I wish to see your game prosper in the near future. If you ever release it, just message me!

2 Likes

if someone built bricks there, that’s probably already explored, right? and there are barrels and lights too, so maybe u meant that

2 Likes

Will do, appreciate all the effort you spent on all the replies.

3 Likes