Low-Poly forest build

Hello, fellow developers!
Today, I made a low-poly forest that will probably not be in any project (except for it’s own showcase) and I need feedback on it. I am pretty sure it’s finished. Any suggestions or feedback will be appreciated, thanks! Have a great day/night.

Note: There are a few easter eggs as well!
I’ve also added some mechanics that you can play around with, example double jump.

Screenshots

Update 1:

Link

Dreamy Forest {Showcase} - Roblox

4 Likes

I feel like you could produce more time and effort into your showcase build, if your going for a forest fully look I’ll try expanding the terrain to feature more objects placed around the scenery.

From my knowledge it’s s bit early in development to receive feedback as it doesn’t resemblance a forest as it lacks a lot of proper details. The trees are spaced throughout around the map and the density isn’t high enough for it to be a forest build. However, I think there should be more trees in many different sizes and variety of shapes.

In my opinion the forest is quite simple, however I can see it’s a unfinished build perhaps spend more time on your build to improve the quality of it. Try expanding the terrain so you could add those details around the “empty area”.

4 Likes

I think the blur is too strong and the trees are a bit too light.

1 Like

It looks so blocky. Try to utilize rotating stuff on the X and Z axis a bit more. (I know you did it for tree leaves but that frankly isn’t enough.)

1 Like

I probably wont be able to see it if you change the photo this blur hurt my eyes I have eye problems. So I will check this out tommorow.

1 Like

I feel like there’s something up with the lighting, like you set it to compatibility then made it extremely bright. Maybe tone that down a little bit, I personally don’t like playing games with that type of lighting.

Nice! I would add a barrier out of rock or something and add more trees though.

1 Like

I used future, the lighting was also something I made last minute.

1 Like

Well the flow is definitely off. There is no reason to separate the foliage like you have it. Instead of having separate areas for each type of trees, blend them all together. Along with the rocks. I would on top of that suggest making a simple low poly grass or bush to put on the bottom of the floor. Those mushrooms are obnoxious and do not need to be there, maybe scale them down and use them for ground cover? Finally merge the rivers. If you need anything else ask.

1 Like

Well, the design of the place looks nice I’m assuming your going for a more spaced out forest theme?

However if this is going to be a showcase I would try adding more details then ‘trees’, showcases have more details put into it from my point of view I wouldn’t call this finish at the moment since it still seems more work can be put into it a little more.

I suggest adding some vegetation around the tree possibly making the tree roots extend more like making them curl into the ground, instead of having them look like all repetitive. In my opinion you can add some elevation into the terrain creating hills, rocky areas, mountains ect. Add variation in the trees if your wanting a cartoony look try using images as inspiration i feel like this still can be improved a little more.

2 Likes

Great work! It could be improved a lot, kinda like @jordonh23 said!

Edit: I’m sorry lol, this was in my notifications I didn’t know it was from 9 months ago :laughing:

I love it so far!

This is great!!! The green stand out too much, though, try to bring it down a notch!!! !!! The green really hurts the eyes!!! The trees are great too!!!

It’s needs more variation, more rocks, more tree types, and defiantly grass!!! ( Unless you are not into that kinda stuff!!!)

Low poly is suppose to be basic, but not that basic!!! There needs to be a reasonable amount of stuff!!!

This is my personal opinion!!! if I sounded rude or anything, I was not trying to!

This is really great so far!!!

And I love it!!!

Keep The Great, Work Ip!

Yeah, don’t blame 'ya! Apparently, a community editor changed the name of the topic, so it got bumped.

1 Like