Low poly house practice in Blender 3D

Yesterday I have practiced creating these two new low poly houses in blender 3D.

Here are a couple of screenshots of my work.

My work

Any feedback or suggestions?

7 Likes

Hi there.
I love both of your creations. However, I would like to suggest that there are some things in the tall house that seem a bit off to me.

As you can see, the objects marked in yellow shows what looks a little odd to me. Instead of stretching the door and the height of the overhang above, you can have it be a normal size and fill in the space above with more windows.

Other than that, great job on the houses!

6 Likes

They’re definitely stylized for sure! I always appreciate buildings with a sense of height. However, there is a lot you could consider spicing up to have a consistent style.

The scaling of the building seems off relative to the size of the door. If a character you want can fit through that door, then the building itself is relatively huge. If your character can’t, it’s relatively small. Move and scale some of the windows around so that it would make sense if someone were to live inside of it.

You also have a lot of space that’s not being filled up. You have a lot of options to go about this, including more windows, signs, stylized bricks, etc. Spice it up! Consider making the windows have a frame rather than just being a connection of the wall.

You have a super solid start to some stylized buildings and I’m super excited to see what you decide to do with them; good luck!

1 Like