Low-poly Spheres or Default Roblox Sphere?

I am reworking an old scene of mine, an underwater castle.

As you can see in the image, it has a LOT of spheres. They are all just parts, with the shape type set to ‘Ball’

I have a custom mesh for a sphere, that is only 80 triangles, far less than the Roblox Sphere, so I was thinking of replacing them all with that, to save on triangles to be calculated.

Then, I thought, well if I want them to have collision, maybe Roblox has a much more efficient collision detection for its built in Spheres, such as just checking for spherical collisions, rather than checking for triangles. So maybe my 80 triangle spheres, might be less polygons, but end up being more intensive to collision detect?

So, anyone have any advice or thoughts about this? Thanks.

As you may know, there are different collision types for meshes. “Precise”, “Hull” and “Box” If I’m not wrong. This is just as good for meshes. Another tip in case you did not know is that you can use a command in the command bar to automatically switch parts to meshes with their size and positions. You can make ChatGPT write a command for that with your custom folders and parents.

1 Like