Low poly terrain - best ways of creating it?

Hey DevForumers!

I’m creating a low-poly hotel/resort build and I’m in the need of finding a quick and east terrain generation solution. I’m mainly looking for some easy to use plugins or ‘strategies’ - if you will.

If you can, post any relevant links or plugins.

(I apologise if this is the wrong category or a duplicate topic exists)

2 Likes

There is a plugin called plain creator! Creates blocky low poly terrain just with a click :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiya! Can you provide us with a link? I’m also trying to find a low-poly terrain generator, but this is all that comes up when you search for “Plain Creator” in Roblox.

Atrazine’s Terrain Plugin V2, by @Atrazine is a very useful plugin. It’s a triangle plugin that can be used for Low poly. I highly recommend that.

In my opinion however, Blender seems like the best option for Low poly work because its much easier.
Hopefully this helps! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My bad its called landscapster. Here’s the link:
https://www.roblox.com/library/667441341/Landscapster

1 Like

If you are making low poly builds, you should use blender because its easier to make simple polygons which would take a lot of parts or unions to make in roblox studio alone…

This is a plugin you could use to make triangular terrain easily: Atrazine's Terrain Plugin V2 - Roblox

2 Likes

If you are trying to make triangle terrain, I tend to just use the sculpt tool on Blender on a plane mesh to make the terrain, export it as OBJ, and then use the OBJ Collision Gen plugin to import it back into Studio with these settings:
It should import the mesh in as triangle wedges to look like the terrain you would find with a triangle plugin but it is 1000x faster for large landscapes and looks smooth with no harsh gaps or ridges.

I use a paid terrain generator which I cannot find the link to at the moment. It is easy to use and it works very good. DM me and I can guide you through it.

Honestly, you’re not going to get nearly as much quality making things in Studio as you would with Blender. Even if you don’t know how to use it, you should be able to follow these.

1 Like

I can say I’ve build a entire low Polly map with F3X very fast, BUT for better results Blender could be used.

Hey! This is a popular choice now a days and personally the easiest way to do it and also making the game preform the best is creating it in Blender. But if you don’t know how to do that I highly recommend this plugin!