Low Poly Tree Feedback

Hello, Dev forum!

I made this tree a little while ago & I was interested to see what you guys thought of it as it was my first tree, Thanks!

I made it in Blender.

9 Likes

It’s good that you used that type of sphere for the treetops, it looks good for lowpoly! Especially for a first creation, well done!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the feedback! :smile:

1 Like

I think that the style of the tree is cute, well made and feels high quality and that tree is good. The only thing is the style is not that versatile and it could be only used in A narrow set of circumstances however that is A good thing as in those situations that tree would be amazing.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I will work towards making to the tree more versatile.

I dont really like it, maybe it looks better in studio (obviously :happy3:)
But for me it looks, little bit weird, but still, i wouldn’t be able to make it :D!
So still good work!

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from; it is not my kind of tree but in terms of quality I think we can agree it is well made.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I know the colours may look a little weird.

1 Like

The bottom part is a bit thick but otherwise, pretty good!

1 Like

It’s a simplistic tree design i think there should be more leaves in many different shapes and sizes.

In my opinion you could improve the base of the tree it kind of features a bland shape try sizing the try base so it could have a smooth appearance. Right now they look slightly small and cluttered on different branches and they seem to be duplicated, but changing a few things up would improve the quality of the tree.

Try making them have different shapes other than just one shape duplicated around it. While the tree looks alright you could try creating variety of trees just to improve your modeling skills:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I will make sure to maybe make the bottom a bit smaller.

Thnk you for the feeback, I will try your tree design.

1 Like

Looks unnatural, maybe try to make it look a bit more natural by taking it a bit closer to the trunk

1 Like

It looks overall excellent and clean! The only part that I don’t find good is the bottom part, it kind of confuses me on what it is, and I think you should maybe remove that little bottom apart.

1 Like

It’s low poly but thanks for the feed back.

Thanks for the feedback! I was going for an autumn style look, but I think I have made the leaves not too low-poly.

For your first tree, its amazing. Keep it up.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! :smile:

This looks very good for a beginner tree. Although, I feel like the low-poly bushes ( tree leaves ) could have a different dimension, as all fo them look the same except for color. However, this is an extra limit, you’re tree looks outstanding for a first tree.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, the tree leaves look a bit weird as it wasn’t too low poly.