Low poly tree made in blender

Hey there, I’m recently starting to learn blender and I’ve made my very first mesh. This took me around 30 minutes.
I used a plane and deleted its 3 vertices and I used it to make the trunk with the help of skin and sub surface modifiers (Took help from google). I used Icospheres to make the leaves.

Please take a look and tell me how it looks :smiley:
Feedbacks are really appreciated.

Images

8 Likes

It looks really nice. The colors are perfect. Good job.

1 Like

In my opinion, id say this is a whopping 9/10.
the 1/10 is about the trunk, for me its too chunky as it goes up, but what can I say you are alot better than me at this stuff :smiley:
Keep up the good work :+1:

I think there should be more leaves and many different sizes. The trunk has a perfect thickness but it should be much taller before the leaves start. The leaves look a bit big for the size of the trunk. I think you could add more branches at different heights. The leaves should have more organic shapes than just an Icosphere, sort of like this:

I’m not a great fan of the color. The leaves seem a bit too green and the trunk is a bit dark. Just like the picture above, I think the colors should be brightened up a bit.

Excellent job, 8/10 from me.

3 Likes

The color are good, but I think the leaves are too big and the trunk is too thin, but overall it is awesome, I don’t have any blender ability so I am not able to do what you did. 8/10 :star_struck: You will improve over time and I am sure you will do great meshes!

1 Like

Hey man good job for your first try. To speed up the process next time for the trunk, instead of using a plane, insert a cylinder then in the “Add Cylinder” menu simply turn down the poly count. Then after adding the cylinder, extrude=e,cut=k, and scale=s. To get the perfect shape. Great tree for you first time!

-Plethoa

3 Likes

Wow! This looks amazing! What you could do is make some exposed roots at the bottom and make them curl around the ground, like this image I found:images-3
Hope this helps! :happy1:

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it :smiley:

Thanks for the tip! I will be sure to try it next time! Thank you. :heart:

Yeah, I will try to do it and I can already imagine it looking good with those added. Thanks for the feedback. :heart: :smiley:

Yeah you are right, the trees in the image you provided looks 10x better than mine. I also think that the leaves are big than the trunk. I will try it the next time. Thanks for the tips and the support. :heart:

Thanks for the support, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks a lot! :heart:

I appreciate the feedback. Yeah I agree with you that the leaves are big and the trunk is thin. I will keep that in mind. Thanks a lot. :heart:

Looks good! The colors fit together. Good job :+1:

1 Like