Low Poly Tree Model (Feed Back)

Hello! I have recently been messing around with blender for a bit now, and I have made my first low poly tree model.

If you could give me suggestions on how to improve for future tree models let me know how I can improve from this.

I personally think I did a pretty good job for my first one, I had a couple trial and errors but this one came out looking good.

https://gyazo.com/cbd9cedfab894c33e89238563b4339ce

https://gyazo.com/3eb6bc3803723a29798c12fce05c239a

Thank you!

10 Likes

Your tree models looks absolutely great!
Here’s a couple of feedback on what there should be: Maybe try making the shadow of the trunk a bit more visible, as I notice the only shadow there was were the leaves. Though if you are having trouble doing so, the DevForum Community Members is always here to lend a helping hand! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Here are some links that may inspire you for your low poly trees:

2 Likes

Thank you bro! Appreciate it! :grinning:

A solid attempt at making your first model in a 3D software what i’m assuming. It is not bad however it has a few issues.

My only advice would be to change the tree, leaves because it seems like you have more branches but the left leave is mostly covering the branches which makes it look unappealing the structure of the trunk looks good perhaps add roots that connect in the ground to improve the quality of the model.

I would try learning a bit more on how to get the full detail of a tree, you could also use reference images to go off of the tree you made looks good like the smooth approach in the trunk. You need to change the leaves, as of now, it looks very large create variety of leaves so it doesn’t look similar or identical.

Tree structure and variety of leaves - branches

tree

3 Likes

Hey! I’m @Lil_SharkyBoy a 3D Artist and a Graphic Designer on the platform. I think your tree is really good (if its your first attempt on using a 3D Software and making a tree on it) but as @jordonh23 said, there’s a few issues!

First of all, the trees aren’t like simetric if you know what I mean, they have variety on the branches, leaves, etc! Also, the trees structure is like, they have a solid base and then start going up and getting more thin! The branches? You could give them some variety, if you made a branch why you won’t make a branch getting out of that branch? All depends on how you want to make your tree!

I made a few and quick examples (like it took me just 15min to make them) so you could see! One pic with leaves and one without (so you can see the tree structure!).

*With leaves

Without leaves

As you can see there’s variety on the shape of it-self! (sorry for the look of the biggest tree, but I took the ss on the X axis)! Now you could try to make your own stuff and experiment with your own criteria of how a tree would look like!

Also, I always recommend to take references. It doesn’t matter if the reference comes from google or any Images Stock! Is just a reference and it will work fine as your base of how you want to make the tree look like.

Anyway, this is all what I have to say and I hope you liked my tip and advise! If you need anything else feel free to DM on the DevForum (via message) and if you want to get my Discord you could firstly DM me here on the Forum and then ask for my Discord!

Have a nice day and also, really good job mate keep it up and never give-up! :smiley:

• @Lil_SharkyBoy
2 Likes

Thank you. This really helped me to improve. :+1:

Thank you. Now I know about changing the leaves! :smiley: