Low quality faces on r6, how to fix?

I’ve made custom character faces that work with r15 (higher quality), but i’m changing my game to r6, when I make an r6 rig with the face it goes low quality, and I can’t find a fix.

r6:
Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 08.26.51

r15:
Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 08.27.37

I’ve looked into it (I found nothing on the dev forum, this is for the players, not NPCs) and I realised that r6 rigs are the issue, if I remove the humanoid it fixes it, but I need the humanoid, if I change the rig type value to r15, then it removes the bevels on the limbs and makes them plastic.

Thanks in Advance
-Arvid

4 Likes

I hate to bring you some bad news, but it’s just how r6 is. Or atleast with my experience. It’s the very same on the avatar page.

Using r6 you will notice the faces loses quality, whereas r15 is a much better looking and cleaner face.
It is most likely due to the way they’ve made the new models with more space / surface but again, I’m not too sure.
R15s Base joints

3 Likes

What you could do is duplicate the head, and make it invisible, then slap on the face on the duplicated head (name it differently of course to prevent issues), and you’ve got a possibly clean/sharp quality face on r6? Never tested this though.

(Make sure to use weld constraints and disable collisions on duplicated head to get it to attach/stay of course)

9 Likes

I agree with @FabiGhost however you could try and import a roblox r6 rig into blender then applying a face there then exporting it to roblox. Well, anyway I hope this helped :slightly_smiling_face:

That may just work! I’ve done it and it’s even higher quality than r15! I’m gonna see what it does on the player.

Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 09.14.26 Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 09.22.14

Looks like it worked! Now i’ve just got to change some layers, thanks!

2 Likes