Lower Minimum Part Density Rollout

Thank you for flagging this - we will work on a fix and keep everybody updated on this post.

2 Likes

Iā€™d also like to mention, games on less scale than 1-1 (eg : 1/4) will have harder times making parts the weight they reasonably should be despite 100 density, an entire houseā€™s wall weighs significantly less than what I and others intend for it to with physics (sometimes theyā€™ll only weigh upwards of 10 RMU when we need upwards of 300 RMU).

2 Likes

Hi Creators,

We have an important update regarding the rollout of our future minimum part density of 0.0001. Due to a bug that we uncovered and are actively working on, we have decided to delay Phase 2 and Phase 3 of this rollout by 4 weeks. This change is intended to ensure a smoother transition for all experiences, giving creators an extra month before potentially experiencing game-changing effects. This should not limit anybody who wants to use this change in their experiences from doing so.

For more information on whether your experience will be affected or not, and how to fix it if so, please refer to the original post below.

The new timeline is as follows:
Phase 2 (June 10th, 2024 - July 7th, 2024)
Phase 3 (July 8th, 2024 onwards)

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best,
M0bsterLobster

1 Like

Could the bug be elaborated on? Iā€™m not sure if using this in my game is going to introduce bugs which arenā€™t intended

1 Like

Not exactly sure if I over-read something but the setting on workspace is now gone and all parts with 0.0001 density are being clamped to 0.01 and its breaking a few things in my game.

6 Likes

Iā€™m glad youā€™re limiting the limits!
About FluidForces and Wind, I was wondering if ā€œwind emittersā€ are planned, basically being able to turn any part into a zone where wind acts differently from how it does in the space around it!

2 Likes

Same here, the workspace property has disappeared and my parts are once again being clamped to 0.01 density. Is this a bug or intended? @m0bsterlobster

6 Likes

We have re-abled the feature and fixed the publish/save problems identified earlier. Please give the feature a try and let us know if there any further problems! Thank you!

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion. We had disabled it for a couple of weeks due to the bug we were fixing. Itā€™s now enabled again and the bug has been addressed.
Thank you for your patience, please let us know if you continue having issues.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m excited to announce that we have transitioned to Phase 2 of the Lower Minimum Part Density rollout! We appreciate all your feedback and support during Phase 1.

As a heads up, during Phase 2, you will still be able to opt out if you need to implement any fixes in your experiences. However, please note that once Phase 3 starts on August 5th, the new, lower minimum density will be applied universally.

Thank you for your continued dedication and creativity!

Best,
M0bsterLobster

5 Likes