Low/High Poly light saber hilt

Hello! I recently applied for a job as a developer in a star wars game, and to “test” me they asked me to make Darth Malgus’s lightsaber. They were not too impressed with it, but I’d like to know your opinion! I have been modeling for about 3-4 months now.

Smoothed out version next to reference

Low Poly Version Low Poly Version Smoothed out version with blade. Low poly version top view

[EDIT:] I know the buttons color is super ugly, its just show it off and make it stick out from the other stuff.

[DOUBLE EDIT:] This lightsaber is from the comics not the movie :smiley:

5 Likes

Look really good :D. I don’t watch star war but that give me it vibe the moment I look at it. Amazing work :>

1 Like

It looks awesome! Nice work. One thing I would say is that you might want to work on learning some hard-surface modeling for the hilt.

1 Like

Insanely good! I am a big star wars fan and that just gives me the feeling im watching one of the movies! If this was me I would have hired you! Great job Rainbow!

1 Like

I agree with everyone else, it looks excellent! One thing I would suggest to improve is adding metallic textures to the metal pieces. It would make the saber look a lot more like the picture and more impressive.

Which isn’t to say it’s not already impressive, but if those developers were looking for an uberrealistic build that may have been why they didn’t hire you.

Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks amazing! I love the detail you put into it!