Lua Chat System - Filter message before sending

In chat, it’s pretty obvious that it filters any message sent by the player. However, in some cases, exploiters can bypass this filter by firing a certain event. Due to this, I had to research for how the chat is received. I came across with the Lua Chat System and Chat:RegisterChatCallback.

Is there any possibility that you can filter a message received from the ChatService or Chat:RegisterChatCallback before it is sent to the whole server?

(Note: I am not sure if this was patched already, but I just wanted to add a little more protection to it)

1 Like

I don’t think bypassing the chat filter will come to 95% of the exploiters

Comment not solution: It is becoming more common nowadays, exploiters bypassing the chat filter. So I think it would be pretty useful to find a method to secure the events. I don’t know a way yet, but hopefully somebody does haha!

They are violating Roblox ToS, even avoiding the filter. Safety is important.

1 Like

Have you tried making a custom filter function? These allow a custom way to manipulate a message before it is sent to clients. You can just create a Folder inside Chat with a BoolValue called “InsertDefaultModules” set to true and the module you want to run inside the folder.

2 Likes

Is it not possible to manipulate the message after it was filtered? I believe an exploiter can just fire the event and even when it was already filtered.