Lua Chat System Page - Smart Quotes

On the Lua Chat System tutorial on the DevHub, under the title “Basic Channel Configuration”, the line of code myChannel.WelcomeMessage = “Welcome to my channel!” uses smart quotes ( and ), which will error in programming. This should be fixed as smart quotes do not work in programming and will cause an error.

2 Likes

Maybe this is intentional to discourage skidding directly off the devhub :thinking:

1 Like

They don’t do that. It’d be dumb to do, for everyone, plus someone could just easily replace those special quotation marks with proper ones while copying manually. This looks to me like an honest error.

3 Likes

If I recall correctly the old wiki had a couple of smart quote issues. Possible these issues transferred over.

1 Like

Smart quotes were meant to be mostly removed a while ago, pinging @ArchiveChampion to take another look.

1 Like

Hi,

These characters were corrected in ‘code sample’ pages but it seems some tutorials slipped through the net.

The issue on this page has been corrected. Thanks for flagging this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.