Luau argument count mismatch with assert function

Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly

Reproduction Steps:
Pass in the optional 2nd argument to the assert function, and it should should an argument count mismatch warning.

Expected Behavior:
The optional 2nd argument of the assert function should be recognized as valid.

Actual Behavior:
Every script using assert normally is producing a warning about the function’s 2nd argument.

Workaround:
One hack workaround is to redefine the type of assert, which given it’s current functionality seems to be:

local assert: (...any) -> (...any) = assert

I figure this is a small problem that doesn’t require any code changes to fix, so I won’t be using the workaround.

9 Likes

I’ve noticed that, and I will say it’s very annoying. There’s also instances of that happening with random lines of code such as var = instance

Phew! I was just about to report this, it’s so annoying! I use assertions to make sure I don’t mix up arguments and now it’s giving annoying warnings.

Edit: Ignore the fact that the third assertion says “First argument”… did make me fix it, though! ;(

Thanks for reporting! A fix is in the works.

4 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.