Lumber Tycoon 2 Style Tree Generator

Hi! I created a generator for trees in the style of lumber tycoon and I wanted to see what the forum thinks of it! Here you can see oak, birch, and gold!

Thanks!

Edit: I just realized I should probably put some more info. Each segment is called a branch and each branch has a type. Leaf, Split, or None If it’s leaf it will grow a leaf and end. If it’s split it will branch off into two different branches. “None” will just grow one branch and continue to grow. If a branch gets too thin it ceases to grow and makes a leaf. If there is too many branches all branches will stop growing and finish with a leaf as well. This whole thing has taken me about 2 days. Do you think this would make a good tutorial? I’m thinking of doing some tutorials on my Youtube. Thanks again!

17 Likes

Super cool! How did you get it to animate like that?

1 Like

Thanks! One word, Randomness. It’s not actually animation though. I create a new part and that’s the trunk then I grow it upwards a random amount of studs then I create a new part or a “Branch” and randomize the orientation I have a variable in the script I call “Twistiness” which determines how drastic the orientations are. If a branch is a “split” branch ( which is also determined by a math.random variable ) I just make a second one on top of the original one and rotate it to branch away from the original. Thanks for the feedback! P.S. Oak has 25 twistiness, Birch has 0, and “Gold” has 50.

3 Likes

I have made mine tree generation too. And yours is pretty good!! Probably better than mine.

2 Likes