Mac OS Screen Resolution Bug

My Monitor on Mac OS version 10.14.4 (18E226) after the newest Roblox Player update version 0.379.0.292444 has displayed the native resolution of the monitor, with no chance of changing it back to the previous downscaled resolution without over-riding the opening resolution with checking this box.

Here is what it looked like before my manual override.

Notice the terribly small core ui

Roblox Studio at the recent version is unaffected.

I am assuming there is a automatic enabling of “Low Resolution” mode on MacOS which was somehow disabled on the Player on the recent update, and this could ruin the player experience for many others.

This glitch also still only allows the mouse to be moved within the “Low Resolution” mode, and you are unable to move the mouse in any area that would be above the old resolution of the update, if that makes sense.

If this is currently affecting you, you can do the following to currently fix the issue,

Go to finder > applications > right click on roblox > get info > check “open in low resolution”

This is a patch that I discovered, you can see my post above for more information.

Thanks for checking this out!

3 Likes

ROBLOX automatically updated a few hours ago for me. Since updating me and my brother who are both running MacBook Pro’s have encountered the same bug whilst trying to play ROBLOX.

Factors which are currently bugged:

• Chat is far too small:

• Player list is also far too small:

• Menu is far too small:

• Game loading is far too small with too much of the screen empty:

• Unable to move my mouse half away across the screen vertically and horizontally:

https://gyazo.com/6f24bf0b000831862ca441eff8772973

Note: This issue might just be affecting Apple Computers but am currently unsure.

3 Likes

Go to finder > applications > right click on roblox > get info > check “open in low resolution”

This is a patch that I discovered, you can see my post above for more information.

3 Likes

You should only mark this solved if you feel that is intended user flow; if this feels too inconvenient / not the right default setting for you, then you should clear the solution and modify title/body of topic to clarify. (because if it’s unexpected behavior, that’d mean it’s a bug still)

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for pointing that out. Will adjust my main post with more clarity.

I recently realized that after a ROBLOX update on my Mac (running the latest software,) that everything is shrunk. The chat, leaderboard, esc menu and everything else including my curser are mini. My mouse will also only go to about half the screen length and height wise. Sorry if I am not very specific, I can provide more information as needed. Pictures below:

2 Likes

This should be fixed as of yesterday, once you update your client.

3 Likes

Nooooooo! This was a feeeeeeeeature! I wanted my high res screenshots! :<

I think ROBLOX should do this all the time and just scale up all the GUIs, although weaker Macs (aka all of the new ones) may suffer, so maybe it should be a toggle?

3 Likes

:thinking:… but…the UI is in complete disorientation. I’m on a 5k iMac and this crippled my eyesight, the size of the playerlist was about 4 inches compared to the usual 10-12. It was a bug too, the mouse movement area was only for the top left corner, so if your mouse was around the center of the window, the mouse pops out at the bottom right of the window, making 3/4 of the window inaccessible. You can always boost up your scaling in the macOS Display settings to accomplish a safe version of a smaller scale UI, just alt-click on the scaling sizes and it’ll switch to a wider variety that you can experiment with. (It works like windows % scaling)

We plan to support high DPI eventually, but this was not that. We already support high DPI rendering on mobile, the way it works is that we render UI in higher resolution than the 3D view, to make the UI look nice while preserving performance.

1 Like

I know it was an accident, rendering the UI at the full resolution rather than the effective resolution.

What I’m saying is doing that, but scaling up the in-game GUI pixels such that the GUI is the same physical size.

This should be a toggle, since low-power machines like the MacBooks shouldn’t have to render 4x the screen space. But for high-res screenshots, YES PLEASE on my high-end MacBook Pro.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.