Made a new gfx :D

yeah, ok. the grains near the dark spots is because it was super duper dark there and i put a pointlight there to counter it kinda. i also did use denoising

I love it! I love GFX creations with a soft marshmallow kind look. I would give it a solid 8.9/10

1 Like

And if possible, do you mind helping me out with my first GFX? Its getting really hard to pose and the camera view. It is okay if not.

1 Like

Absolutely! I’ll start a DM with you on the DevForum.

2 Likes

Try this,
In your preferences, make sure “Emulate Numpad” is checked.
Then save those preferences and tap “0”. This will enter your camera.
Use SHIFT+~ to fly the same way you would on studio. Fly until the camera viewport is ok for you. Use the rotate tool by tapping “R” on your keyboard. You can always fly out of camera mode but this wont change the camera’s perspective.

~Custom Camera Perspective

N.B this is done in Blender

1 Like

I’d say a better way to do it is hit ‘n’, go to the view tab, check ‘camera to view’ go into your camera, and start moving around.

Never tried it but ok :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It is much easier to use, as your default controls for moving around now apply to your camera. You can disable it by unchecking the box.
Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 10.47.23 AM

The hair looks a bit sharp as everything else is a bit blurred, and I think you could use a more high-quality background. Other than that, it looks great!

1 Like

What do you mean by high-quality? Image resolution or quality of the work done on the image?

What about using a HDR? Have you tried it?

1 Like

you can never get lighting how you want it to look with an hdri in a roblox scene. custom lighting is better

Looks good, It has a nice plain feel and really looks smooth. I think its just a bit too dark though, but that could just be me. Great work! 7/10

Just use a sun light point with 1-5 power to them and give the angle to 90 or probably less.
background wise? I like it!

For now the lights look a bit dull not displaying vibrant colors which if you plan to make an icon for a game you need to make it look attractive by giving it colors that pop. in its current state from afar, it looks quite bland/boring

Are you using Denoise? theres quite a bit of noise

1 Like

i am using NLM denoise

bad lighting it makes smooth lighting is emission plane

Uh dude NLM means None is used
use OpenImageDenoise or Optix if you have an nvidia card

Some of us have their own ways of lighting.

It depends on what lighting you want…
Using a HDRI is easier, but yes, it doesn’t give you a lot freedom with lighting.
Custom lighting, on the other hand, takes some time to setup, but may give you similar results.
These are some images I made using a HDRI:

It’s pretty plain as the background is just an image with a character in front, but the lighting is pretty nice. Could use a bit more denoising and a higher sample count.

Maybe try and use ur own lighting setup next time as using a hdri every time is pretty boring and holds u back a lot, as the scene has no mood. Also add a bit of subsurface.

For what it’s supposed to be it’s pretty decent though. 7/10

1 Like

Emission planes aren’t always the best and a sun light can achieve that hdri look while also giving you more freedom and ease of changing.

Try and experiment more with your lighting as a lot of your GFX have no mood. Smooth, white lighting isn’t always king. In fact most if the time it isn’t.

Here is an example from one of my GFX of how different lighting can help

1 Like