Maid & Signal Original Posts

Hi all, this might be a pretty niche subject but I can’t seem to find the Maid and Signal Modules, - the originals. I’ve searched for them but nothing seems to be coming up and if anyone could provide the links to the original DevForum post that would be alot of help, thank you!

Maids:

• Janitor (by howmanysmall): no original DevForum post | GitHub (initial commit: Sep, 2021, last commit: May, 2024) | API

• Maid (by Quenty): original DevForum post (Aug, 2019) | GitHub (initial commit: Feb, 2019; last commit: May, 2020) | API

• RoStrap Janitor (by Validark): no original DevForum post | GitHub (initial commit: Jul, 2018; last commit: Aug, 2018) | API

• Trove (by sleitnick): no original DevForum post | GitHub (initial commit: Oct, 2021; last commit: May, 2024) | API

Signals:

• GoodSignal (by stravant): original DevForum post (Aug, 2021) | GitHub (initial release: July, 2021; initial commit: Nov, 2021; last commit: Jun, 2022) | API

stravant is the leader of signal modules (both sleitnick’s and Quenty’s frameworks default to GoodSignal). He also wrote most of the known GoodSignal predecessors like FastSignal, RobloxSignal, SimpleSignal, with the earliest implementation dating back to 2014! All of them are compared here: Lua Signal Class Comparison & Optimal `GoodSignal` Class.

Note:

Please forgive me for missing any other important implementations. I listed a couple of very famous ones. That is not to imply that others are necessary not as good. I think the first maid I used was made by Amber (DataBrain).

Let ‘by creator’ also include the contributors.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.