Mail Simulator Lobby!

Hi. I just finished my lobby for my upcoming game Mail Simulator. (That name is subject to change). Here are some pictures. It’s on an island:

Sorry if I did too many pictures. Please give feedback!
Edit: none of this is free-modeled. I built it all.

4 Likes

The shop, post office fit in. The garage and bank do not. The map seems to be small and i’d imagine anyone would get bored of being in the same smallish map after about 10 minutes. Add an obby/quests.

4 Likes

This is just the lobby, don’t worry. I didn’t finish anything else yet :smile:

1 Like

Hi there! I like the start of your lobby. Here are a few suggestions that I have.

Since you are going for a low poly build, I would personally lose the realistic terrain base. That eliminates a lot of the cartoon aspect prevalent in low-poly builds, especially in lobbies. Instead, craft a base and map similar to the style of your low poly buildings. In addition, I would do that same thing with the trees. The cobblestone pathway could possibly be incorporated into a low-poly build, but also try experimenting with other textures/designs. Finally, do whatever you can to fill small empty spaces. That part is up to you. Small decorations can make a huge difference in a game lobby.

Love the current designs and I look forward to an update!

4 Likes

Looks pretty good at the start, but I think if there was more interesting stuff objects in the background of the lobby, like clouds or a decent skybox or something, that would make it much more better and full! But it still lacks detail i do know it’s still in progress but I would like to give you some suggestions so you could improve on your simulator lobby However what kind of simulator is the lobby meant to be because you have two different themes?

I recommend adding more greenery like trees, grass, flowers, bushes, etc. You can also add houses, shops, buildings and some rocks to make it more lifelike, another thing I would suggest doing is to add more detail around the map since it’s really simple and plain I would try working on it a bit more at the start it could use some refining there could be a lot more variety of trees instead of them looking repetitive.

This doesn’t mean you should throw a obby or some sort of obstacles. Instead, you should still include the essential stuff for your game. Maybe decorate your lobby a lot more so players can explore a little bit consider adding a secret area in the lobby for players to practice or a island out in the open water could work.

2 Likes