Main Menu Feedback Required

, , ,

Hello DevForum,
I’ve been designing the main menu for my SCP Foundation’s primary site. I would like your general feedback on it. I’m looking for small inconsistencies or things you think would look better if changed.

Please note the following:

• The design is intended to be minimalistic.
  • The background will be bright, much like the background in the pictures already.
  • I know SCP is usually portrayed to be rather dark and foreboding, but the bright & vibrant theme I’m going for in my Foundation is intended to contrast this.
  • The character menu is largely incomplete due to the required use of ViewportFrames (these images are mock-ups produced in Affinity Designer).
  • Any difficult-to-read text will be amended in the final product by positioning the camera in locations without dark pillars overlapping with text.

Thank you.

Main Menu

4 Likes

Hello, I would just want to give feedback to your Main Menu for your SCP-based game.
The menu’s buttons looks it was well-made though I can see there’s no colors and you made it transparent.
Maybe add some colors for your buttons, rather than make it transparent, also the color would be either black or gray since this is an SCP type of game.
Overall, the quality of the Main Menu looks good though as I said just add some colors for the buttons rather than making it transparent.

1 Like

If I’m interpreting your post correctly, it would seem to me that you haven’t taken into consideration the notes I added to my original post.

• The design is intended to be minimalistic

This means that there will be no use of colour because it would be too eye-catching. To compensate for this, I’m using transparency as a means to highlight selected buttons from unselected buttons.

• I know SCP is usually portrayed to be rather dark and foreboding, but the bright & vibrant theme I’m going for in my Foundation is intended to contrast this.

Self-explanatory. Your comment on “the color would be either black or gray since this is an SCP type of game” isn’t what I’m looking I’m looking for here.

Thank you for trying though.

I think you should change the color because the map sometimes blends in with the buttons.

In my opinion, it looks fantastic. I love the way it is so simple, yet so eye catching.

I assume the borders turn black when the mouse hovers over it?

1 Like

@Crrustyy
Indeed, they do. The sidebar buttons move when they are hovered over, as well.

@Hexlinee
Same thing here, please read the notes I provided before the images.

• Any difficult-to-read text will be amended in the final product by positioning the camera in locations without dark pillars overlapping with text.

Thank you for the feedback.

2 Likes