Main Portfolio Piece #2 - Barrett M82/M107

This piece is a Barret .50 Cal rifle. Its not exactly an M82 variant or even a M107 since I’ve mixed elements from both guns together. I guess you could call this a Barrett M189? I’m extremely proud of this piece and this will be the new standard of my models going forward!

This model was created using a industry standard workflow of High to Low poly. After I created the blockout I began to create a high poly of the model first. Once that was completed I then created a low poly version which afterwards I began to manually UV unwrap the entire model using seams. Finally before texturing I baked the high poly model onto the low poly which in turn allows me to get the details of the high poly onto the low via texture maps.

Softwares used:

• Modeling: Autodesk Maya, ZBrush
  • Baking: Marmoset Toolbag
  • Texturing: Substance Painter, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer
  • Rendering: Marmoset Toolbag

Final triangle count: 36216

Textures: 1 texture set containing 4096x4096 textures, 1 texture set containing 2048x2048 textures and 1 texture set containing 512x512 textures for a total of 3 texture sets. Each texture set contains: Colour, Normal, Roughness, Metallic, AO & Opacity maps. For rendering purposes all texture sets have 4k textures (4096x4096)

Final Renders:

High Poly render (Textureless & the high poly is 5.9 Million triangles in density)

31 Likes

Nothing to complain about, It’s a very solid and realistic model.

Great job!

1 Like

WOAH!
My only question is how would it run, performance wise, in a game?

2 Likes

It’s incredible!
:astonished: omg there is so much details,and i like when someone do a very good job!

I consider this model to be a “hero asset” which is basically a term to describe an important model or a model that gets a lot of attention/ detail. Probably not the best explanation but yeah.

In a game because of Roblox’s limitations I cannot import textures more than 1024x1024 in size, so inevitably some elements of the textures will look pixelated. The highest resolution of textures will be used on the player holding the gun whereas players seeing the gun will see lower resolution models & textures (since the gun isnt up close unlike the player carrying it). This will be the best way to optimise the model for use in a game. Performance wise it should work just fine on modern computers without any sort of noticeable lag.

4 Likes

This is very good. I especially like that some internal components (mainly the recoil springs) were modeled.

The render of the gun beside the bullets really gives insight into just how powerful 0.50 calibre weapons are.

Bro This Is Just So Amazing! :star_struck:

Astonishing work, as always. Great job

This is very good. I 100% recommend putting it on your modelling portfolio.

Its in my portfolio! As well as my Artstation

You got skills man because this looks INCREDIBLE! :star_struck:

Incredibly good job! Completely flawless. Looks very, very realistic.

Absolutely stunning!! The work is impressive, this makes you a person for me to admire, i’m beginner lmaoo.

1 Like

That’s nice. Are you up for hire + do you do revenue jobs? What I need done won’t be too difficult. If so then add me BeterGriffin#9364

It just amazing, how much time take you to do that?