Main theme for a Roblox themed Smash Bros type game

I wanted to get some feedback on this as a suite for a Roblox x Smash Bros type fighting game. I plan to record a real saxophone for the saxophone sound in the song.

Rate the Song

0 voters

3 Likes

The first song seems like there’s a little too much going on at points; the runs that happen feel like they are a bit out of place, it may just be me on that one. A little picky, but, with the second song on the 5th(?) measure it is kind of odd to throw everything off balance with having the piano’s pickup on beat three rather than four. It kind of confused me for the longest time and was almost unsettling, but if that is what you were going for then I guess you succeeded!
Overall the suite has a good direction to it & the purpose is quite clear, good luck composing!

1 Like

The song is an okay song. In the beginning it picks up way too fast and as the song progresses there is too many instruments playing on at the same time which make it sound very fast paced and can be mentally draining for listeners. The main chorus of the song isnt identifiable and the piano line is a bit too much. The song never really settles on one thing and keeps on going. At the 2 minute mark it picks up well and progresses very nicely into a more dark themed type music. During the last 20 seconds though, the song could pickup a bit and end in a rather subtle beat.

1 Like