Major Datastore Issues

Starting at around 5:35 PM EST today, DataStores have began throwing the error “DataStoreService: InternalServerError: An internal server error occurred.” This issue is affecting most requests made to datastores, with around 1/2 of them failing as of now. Games impacted by this issue are experiencing major data loss.

31 Likes

Confirmed, not just my game(s). Here’s a sample:
Edit: wrong image!

12 Likes

Two of my games:

11 Likes

this has been happening in my games as well

7 Likes

We are having this issue aswell.

8 Likes

same issue in our game too.

9 Likes

Same here I just noticed this in our games as well.

7 Likes

Same here, noticed it about 10 minutes ago

7 Likes

This is affecting things like GetNameFromUserId as well earlier today.

Causing major game disruptions, yet roblox status page shows no indication about it.

7 Likes

having this issue in studio too, totally not trying to work on an update that has to be out this week

8 Likes

I’m having this problem also, my game can’t save player scores to datastore! oof

5 Likes

Thank you for flagging this. We have a patch being rolled out right now.

24 Likes

happening to us too

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

7 Likes

Experiencing the exact same issue.

6 Likes

its fixed now!!!

7 Likes

It is fixed, but my players are still reporting their data being permanently lost, even though the issue has been fixed, since they joined, their data didn’t load, but when leaving, Saving worked, so it saved Nothing, making their data gone forever.

Roblox needs to heavily improve DataStore asap, and add Rollback features too. Now, my mods and I will have to manually restore everyone’s data, which really isn’t something any of us want to be doing, instead of pushing out more amazing content, we have to stall to fix the issues Roblox creates for us.

Is it too much to ask for a company valued at tens of billions, to NOT randomly break for no reason, and make the developers suffer the consequences?

4 Likes

Whilst I do agree that issues like these are an annoyance and shouldn’t happen in the first place, you need to set up your game’s infrastructure to handle them gracefully. My current solution is if the data fails to load after X amount of retries, either kick the player entirely (if your game relies on datastores to function) or prevent their data from saving when they leave to prevent data corruption, and send them a notification letting them know of the issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Learned real fast to not just blindly save DataStore data if it isn’t even there. Every game I did that and looked at lost data the other day.

4 Likes

I am also having this issue.

3 Likes

i guess this is why you dont play during outages

3 Likes