Major Discovery issue with Roblox search

Literally took me 30 seconds to scroll on alt account to find my game. While i was scrolling, there for no sense was for example saber simulator, undertale games and so on… Sponsor ad doesn’t work at all… What’s the point of me even bothering to make a non-toolbox game if there’s a small chance that it will “blow up”? Plus it’s time-tested that if you don’t transfer traffic from one game to the second, then in most cases you’ll have a game unnoticed for months.

According to roblox’s logic I should have 10000 robux and a clickbait preview, a super stupidly primitive game that has 10000+ competitors, have a successful project to help drive traffic, have a successful youtube channel/cry to youtubers in the comments begging them to come to my game?

All the banally stupid hints on the forum site suggest that either you spend a lot of out-of-nowhere robux that the game would take off, or should make a hundred videos about your game praying to God that the video would be watched by 100+ thousand people.

Oh yeah, don’t forget nowadays that roblox can close your game for inspection, followed by a sudden player drop/shadow ban, is that how roblox usage policy works?

The cherry on the cake will be if you make a successful game and your other main competitor doesn’t like it, he can just formalize on a black site “beautiful” thing called negative game statistic accrual, which will throw your game into the abyss, thanks roblox for the “deepest bonelessness” and empty promises, which after some time lead to scandals to such a level that a simple lie like “that search bar (or etc) will be fixed soon stay hyped” will not work anymore, and your 2,100-plus employees will seem like 18-year-old sophomores picked just to be there.

2 Likes

This is one of the most annoying issues, please fix roblox. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I am having a similar issue with my game. I have to scroll down for about 2 minutes before I find my game. Even if I type the exact game title my game still fails to show up and is way down the list below totally irrelevant games that the search algorithm shows. I used to be the 3rd result a couple months ago before this all happened.

3 Likes

yup, my game coming up slowly and slower…

I had a similar problem. A few days ago my game was around number 50 when you searched showcases (it may not seem that high but it kept a consistent flow of players), but after updating the game and icons it has slipped down to about number 300 despite getting amazing engagement in the last few days.

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for these reports. We are always working to improve our search system and surface relevant results. In most cases it takes time for engagement to build for a new experience and thus some time for it to appear toward the top of search results. We are working on ways to “boost” relevant experiences with less engagement history within search results and hope that those changes in the next couple months will aid in discovery of your experiences.

In the meantime, I recommend you check out Exact Search to find your experience within search and point others to it

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it make sense for a search engine to assume exact search, show the best match first (or at least in the first row if you prefer to boost featured projects) and add the rest of the results after…?

Nobody is using (or want to use) exact search these days, because people rely on search engines figuring out what they’re looking for. If someone enters “subway surfers”, they shouldn’t see “subway simulator” or “skibidi toilet surfers” as their first results.

Either way, really looking forward to those search improvements, because at the moment search looks pretty broken (dead baseplate experiences without the keyword outranking games with keyword in title and clearly higher KPIs).

3 Likes