Major Discovery issue with Roblox search

Reproduction Steps

Using the search bar and searching the name of the game, the game does not show up as if the game was “shadowbanned”.

Expected Behavior

The game is expected to show up in the search results.

Actual Behavior

Despite its popularity, the game does not appear in any searches when using related keywords.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: [⚡️NEW] Strong Blade Simulator - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-11 00:01:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-01-11 00:01:00 (-04:00)

27 Likes

Roblox search is really messed up. Major upvote to fix this.

8 Likes

I can confirm the Search needs a rework, me and my team’s game has Mining in its title, when you search for Mining it appears very far on the list and instead games that have nothing to do with Mining appear higher and they don’t even have the word Mining in the game’s title, this prevents players from discovering our game.

Link:

2 Likes

what does “shadowbanned” mean?

2 Likes

It means that your game is banned from being showed in search results and front page.

5 Likes

After 8 hours, the game is still not appearing in the search results when searched by its full name, despite having 400-500 players. This does not make sense.

1 Like

You sure the thumbnails aren’t ripped from YouTube? It really looks like they are.

2 Likes

This issue should not be problematic, as I do the same thing with over 15 games that are easily discoverable.

1 Like

Well that doesn’t mean it’s okay to steal. Plus, they make me not wanna play the game.

2 Likes

I have established relationships with most of the content creators that made the thumbnails for one of the games I own.

1 Like

This issue had been ongoing since October. My game were also removed from popular keywords or someetimes even related keywords. Still pretty pissed off, they haven’t fixed it properly after 3 months.

The issue is worse than you think. It affected more than just search. It’s the whole discovery system.

4 Likes

I am honestly surprised as to why this issue has happened in a game with a constant player count of 400-500, which is only utilizing “Recommended” tabs and sponsors.

This doesn’t make sense.

I lost properly that much amount of ccu after the hidden discovery changes.

The algorithm really needs a change.

The game has 12-14 minutes of playtime which is pretty decent and a good revenue rate yet something appears to be amiss.

When searching for it by it’s full name or it’s keywords it’s completely not there.

Game discovery has been an ongoing issue on Roblox for years now. I hope you get this looked at!

I’ve had similar issues, my game was a Tower Defense game, but when you looked it up in the Tower Defense category it never showed up for 95% of people, only for a few people it did.

It had 500-2.5k CCU varying through its prime (several years). It never got fixed. My game was mostly only ever found via Sponsors, which has been a broken mess as is.

But don’t worry, you can always easily find the top games like Adopt Me / Brookhaven! Because for some reason they need forefront prominence. And a helping hand in discovery as they ONLY have a measly 500K CCU.

2 Likes

After 12 hours, the game is still not appearing in the search results when searched by its full name, despite having 500-600 players.

After 16 hours, the game is still not appearing in the search results when searched by its full name, despite having 400-500 players, and I still didn’t receive a single response from Roblox. Also, I’m getting many reports by players who have been unable to find the game.

After almost 2 days, the game is still not appearing in the search results when searched by its full name, despite having 400-500 players, and I still didn’t receive a single response from Roblox.

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate your issue.

3 Likes

Our game Poop Simulator slipped to around position 135 over the weekend, despite nearly 3 millions plays. Lots of other junk places show before our game appears in the list.

1 Like