Major Lag Experienced in game out of Nowhere

Out of nowhere a few days ago, our game has started experiencing major lag whenever a player collects a blob. This never appeared before Monday the 15th.

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

Just let the team know! We’ll get back to you with an update as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for your report. I’m just taking an initial look now, and I think one possible thing that could be causing the degraded performance here is that we are basically grouping together all the blobs in the game to be rendered as a single entity. It looks like we are doing this because there is a Humanoid directly under Workspace. Did you always have a Humanoid here or did something change recently? What is the purpose of the Humanoid directly in workspace?

I will continue checking to see if anything has changed on our side, but any information you can provide would help us narrow it down.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Ah I see, there is indeed a Humanoid under workspace, I must have accidently added that. Weird that its causing that much of an issue, but it seems the issue is now fully fixed as I’ve removed the humanoid, thank you for investigating, and apologies for the alarm!

Glad that this was able to fix the issue for you! We will look into ways we can fix this in the longer term so if Humanoids are inserted like this it won’t cause as bad performance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.