Major Outage Affecting Several Components: Studio, Groups, Settings, etc

This outage points out issues Roblox should 100% address;

1. Why does Roblox studio NOT allow for offline access?
  2. Why is Roblox’ status page a static page that has to be manually updated by Roblox engineers?
  3. Why does it require a Roblox forum post to acknowledge this massively ongoing issue?
7 Likes

This is a massive pain point for me at the moment. I question my own judgement every time I check the status page and see it fail to report any outages or errors.

I also wanted to be productive today sadly. Wasn’t there an offline mode for studio before? I could be wrong I just heard something similar about it before if I recall correctly.

Not sure but we really need an offline mode for studio.

5 Likes

thanks roblox, very cool

3 Likes

After restarting my pc 5 times, I realized the problem was roblox :skull:

4 Likes

can we petition for roblox studio to work offline?

5 Likes

Truly how hard can it be for a billion dollar corporation to fix what was already working beforehand?

3 Likes

Hopefully this outage has brought Roblox’s attention to the way their systems work and how it could be better. This outage effects all GUAC APIs.

However whilst reading this post., people were linking the user setting api, but really studio’s one is

https://apis.roblox.com/universal-app-configuration/v1/behaviors/studio/content

4 Likes

It’s not that easy of a fix one of the roblox services most likely the load balancer is having issues with the servers probably due too high packet rates

2 Likes

I think Roblox Studio cant have an offline mode since some meshes/images/sounds are stored in the Roblox servers meaning roblox studio offline will not work.
Your character will not load music/models/images will also not load and many more like some services that use the Roblox servers…

1 Like

roblox studio could make those images/meshes/sounds download in the client for offline mode usage

1 Like

really, roblox? i was just communicating with my builder bro.

is it just me or are roblox servers ran by a goldfish

7 Likes

Hey guys,

I know all this is angering, but complaining about it wont fix it, so we will just have to wait it out.

1 Like

As for the first one, I assume it’s because of their bots that they have running inside your place, that automatically report/ban you if you do something bad.

(not even joking, it happened to me: my partner inserted a guillotine model to make some jokes, i panicked after i noticed 5 mins later, deleted it, and some time later, WITHOUT EVEN PUBLISHING THE CHANGES, i got banned for 3 days & had my game permabanned, thankfully i had a local copy)

It’s still interresting if this is an ddos attack . And could someone change the slowmode to 10 minutes, 30min is way to long.

3 Likes

i can’t live without studio.
(this issue makes me want to oof)

1 Like

I was just trying to make part that makes every part that touches that part or the parts that have already touched :slight_smile:

my studio just opened, is it back now or was i just lucky?

8 Likes

my studio also just opened, it might be resolved

4 Likes